We booked this hotel as a pre-cruise stay over our most recent spring break. We got a nice corner room overlooking the pool and ocean. You exit the second level, pass the pool and walk across a skywalk over A1A to get to the ocean/beach.
1. Room was a good size and the beds were comfortable.
2. In-room Starbucks coffee is nice.
3. The pool was a busy place but the service was outstanding. Never been to a hotel pool where someone greeted you, found you a nice chaise, put down a fresh towel to lay on, and gave you a pool towel too. Excellent!
4. Check-in was fast and efficient, and overall, the quality of the service in the hotel was high.
A few negatives:
1. Shulas is the only on-premise restaurant and there aren't too many other places to eat nearby on A1A, especially for breakfast. So meals are expensive.
2. Because the Westin must've expanded to include a building across the street, it's floor plan is a bit convoluted and the place can be confusing to navigate. For example, if you are in the main building lobby and need to get to the gym, you need to go up to the second level, traverse a long walkway to the other building, and then go back down to the first floor.
3. Don't ask for an ocean/pool view if noise is a concern for you. We didn't have any mid-day noise complaints, but the pool-side noise from four floors up was apparent.
4. As with many hotels, the bathroom door swings awkwardly into the middle of the room, and hooks to hang things on are few and far between.
5. Wifi is not free.
6. Parking is expensive. Fortunately we didn't have a car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin