The rooms were on the small side, but you can't beat the location. Walking distance to the beach and plenty of nightlife locations. I actually thought the overall service was pretty good, but had to give a lower review based on the concierge service.
At a high-level, I can understand why Otto gets so many positive reviews on Trip Advisor... he was very friendly and attempted to help. But when it comes down to it, his recommendations to my group were generic and misinformed. His first suggestion for fine dining was the hotel restaurant. While nice, that just hurt his credibility... drop in the hotel restaurant as a suggestion sure, but not as your #1 choice! That and not knowing where find a jai alai location (he suggested a local sports bar) or that gambling on jai alai was allowed, really hurt the value of his suggestions. I'd probably rate him a 2 out of 5 on the satisfaction scale.
I'd actually rate overall service for the hotel a 4. Stephanie (sp?) at reception was very helpful with an extended check out and our best recommendations came from Ciara at the hotel bar. She actually had interest in knowing what we liked so she could give good suggestions. She was very honest and helpful, making the overall experience at the Westin that much better. The Valet team was also consistently helpful with directions and coordinating cabs for us. Having a free parking service would have been nice, but these guys worked hard and added value to the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin