Had a quick trip to Ft Lauderdale for a wedding June 13 - 15 (well 14-15 read on). After a rough trip in - flight cancelled the night before, VERY early wake up to get to airport, rude JetBlue flight attendants and being tired before the event got started, we were pleasantly pleased by the extra attention Richard at check in gave us. When we arrived we were quickly greeted for check-in. After grumbling about the bad morning without hesitation Richard made our day immediately better by upgrading our room, ensuring we got our SPG points for the previous evening stay and just generally welcoming and assuring the day could only get better. Which it did.
The room was nicely cleaned and had a side/partial ocean view. It was strange that bathroom also had a window with "shutters" that could be opened and didn't lock. If I wasn't staying with my husband that might have been weird. Otherwise no complaints about the room.
The pool was nice, and the walkway over to the beach/ocean was also very convenient. The pool attendant who places your towels and gets you settled was patient and friendly. However the pool servers were awful. There were complaints from everyone around about how she would disappear for long bouts of time. Then when she finally came back and we had already gone to the bar to order, she appeared frustrated. She paid a little better attention after we think the bartender must have told her of our irritation.
I did get manage to get in a 50 minute massage at the Heavenly Spa - although a bit overpriced at $125 - it is on the beach in a vacation destination. So if you feel like the extra money the spa experience was worth it. Go early or stay after to enjoy the hot tub or steam room.
One other vacation destination frustration is the cost of overnight parking at $32, which was more than we paid for the rental car itself! However, we would go back. The location was great and hotel clean and front desk very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin