I was looking for pre-cruise lodging with proximity to the beach and convenience to night life and dining. I was definitely happy to have chosen Westin. This hotel is only a few blocks away from the cruise port and it's on the quieter end of the beach road. The beach is right across the street from the hotel. There is a sky bridge to the beach from the hotel pool area. I requested a higher room at check-in and the staff was very accommodating. The hotel common area is chic and modern. The room decor was up-to-date. There are several restaurants and bars on site. Shula is pretty expensive. The sushi bar does offer some simple sushi rolls, also on the expensive side, We stayed for 2 nights at the Westin and drove to visit South Beach during part of our stay. Note...the valet parking is mandatory and assess a daily fee of $28/room. It's also a bit of a walk to get around. I think most if not all the rooms are located in the 2nd building and you have to cross over on the 3rd floor to get to the street level. Overall, not a big deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin