I just returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel with my mother and sister. This hotel has the perfect location and I look forward to staying here in the future. This is definitely my new go-to hotel when I want to stay in Fort Lauderdale and I will recommend it to everyone. This hotel is a bit more expensive than it should be (the promotional materials make it seem more plush than it really is), but the Westin is still more affordable than the Hilton and the W, which were our other contenders and the location was worth the slight premium. We were thrilled that the hotel accommodated our early check-in with ease.
The view from our high-level floor was fantastic, but I wish there was a "real" balcony. None of the rooms have balconies. The Starbucks downstairs was super convenient and the Starbucks staff was exceptional. In fact, all of the Westin staff was exceptional, from the pool attendants to the young woman at the concierge desk. That being said, the man who was working the "beach shift" was very nasty to us and seemed to show preference for people who paid for beach umbrellas. He also took our beach chairs way too early- in South Florida, one should be able to stay on the beach past 4:45 p.m.! He just generally seemed to have an attitude, which was weird because everyone else always had a smile and asked how our stay was going, which was nice.
I wish Shula's looked more "inviting"- the ambiance looks tired which I think prevents it from being a more "happening" place in the evening.
I wish there was a jacuzzi near the pool or that at least the jacuzzi in the spa was free for hotel guests. The 15 dollars a day fee seemed absurd. Some of the fitness equipment was not functional. Fortunately, I preferred to run outside most mornings.
The bathroom door in our hotel room was problematic, as everyone seems to have noticed- you have no privacy in there! I do not understand the reasoning behind such a setup.
Also, in 2014 EVERY HOTEL SHOULD HAVE FREE WI-FI. We did not pay for wi-fi, but it was absurd that there was no wi-fi.
That being said, I loved this hotel and I am only being slightly critical because I would love to see some improvements for future stays. Thank you to everyone at the Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale for a terrific few days away from the New York City cold!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin