Stayed here for nearly a week and enjoyed touring the beach, Fort Lauderdale area, and Miami. I thought the hotel was a solid 4 or 4.5 star hotel. The rooms were nice, clean, and a good size. We were on the south side of the hotel with a view of the beach to the left, waterways to the right, and condo building across the street. We didn't eat at the hotel since it was quite expensive. For breakfast we went to the on site Starbucks. The Starbucks though charges a premium over other locations with the regular price tag on items crossed out and replaced with a higher cost sticker sometimes a couple dollars more.
The number of people at the hotel at the beginning of our stay was very high and lowered towards the end of our stay. At the beginning if we went to the beach in the morning after 10 or 10:30 am you could not get a beach chair. They were very limited.
We tried going to the pool after a visit to the beach and it was the same thing. No patio chairs. Another day we did get chairs by the pool though. Note that they have a few umbrellas they can wheel over for you at no cost, just a gratuity if you'd care to.
There are restaurants in walking distance. The bonnet house is walking distance and we even walked from the mall which also has a few restaurants as well. The latter is about a 25-30 minute walk. There is a water text stop close by too. We didn't walk to las olas since it's a pretty far trek.
Valet was expensive and often slow. Overall I'd definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin