“Very Good- with a grain of salt”

The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #31 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business conference. The location is quite nice as there are plenty of near by restaurants. I was housed in room 431 which I recommend against at this point. I did not have a pleasant stay in this room due to a noisy water pump. I was compensated for it appropriately by the concierge manager. The rest of my groups had fine rooms. But when you check in, we very aware that room 431 is not the one you want to stay in (unless they fix the water pump noise issue).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear iheartcoheed129: Thank you for reviewing our resort. We will work on fixing the issue with the water pump and greatly appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you again for future visits to our beautiful oceanfront property.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

if all things equal, i'd stay at the w next door, but that's usually a lot more money, unless you can get a deal. otherwise, the westin is a nice place to stay on the beach. the rooms are a decent size. the pool has a fair amount of chairs. you can also get free chairs on the beach. i believe you have to pay for them when you stay at the w, unless they changed their policy. it's definitely more of a business oriented hotel, but if the price is right i'd stay there again, as it's in walking distance of bars and restaurants. it also has a decent gym.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I can't say anything negative about the location of this hotel. It's across the street from the beach, middle of shopping, restaurants and bars. Their rooms are spacious, modern and clean with beautiful views.
However, the customer service is definitely lacking. I stayed at this Westin for a weekend getaway. When I checked-in, the front desk employee was dry and barely made eye contact with me. It wasn't until I mentioned that I was a former Starwood employee that he warmed up a bit. The second disappointing experience was at the pool. My friends and I were at the pool and we wanted to get fresh towels. The towel attendant refused to give us new towels. When we offered to replace our old towels for new ones, he screamed at us and told us that it's a set amount of towels per room. I was waiting for him to yell "No Towels for You". I also over heard him yell at the couple in front of us.
Our room came with daily breakfast. For a small upgrade, we were able to order a la carte. We opted for that option. The service at the hotel restaurant was deathly slow. It took 25 minutes just to get coffee! I know I am inpatient in the morning but that is so ridiculous. Breakfast shouldn't take more than 45 minutes total and we were there for almost 2 hours!
Even though the location is great, I would recommend trying a different hotel. There are multiple options on the strip and they probably have better service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear dean3818: Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. We are very sorry to hear your complaints about our customer service, but thank you for bringing it to our attention. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel’s location and hope you will return in the future to find our service exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Beach Resort for 4 days for a conference that was held there. The staff were great and very willing to please.
The food in the dining room was excellent, but quite pricey. But it is a Westin.
The only downside I found is that the internet speed - if that is what you would call it - is abominably slow. So slow I got onto bandwitch.com to try it out. You could barely see the needle move, and it was .16 mps download and .68mps upload. I think that is about dial up speed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear ChipD06: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale. Your suggestions are very important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have recently (June 2013) at this Hotel for one night before my cruise vacation. I booked two rooms for a total of 9 members of my family. Right at the valet parking the excellence of service was noticed by all of us. Everyone seemed welcoming and available. There are two towers for this hotel, make sure you are clear which one you're staying at as you may use the "cat walk" over the street to go back and forth. I used the gym which was incredible comfortable and entertaining with a great look to the front beach. Pool looked really good ( we didn't get to use it) and area around looked clean and tranquil. Its only 10-15 minutes from the airport and less than that to Port Everglades Ft. Lauderdale. I would love to come back and stay longer with my wife and kid.

Room Tip: check availability on hotwire.com as a 4 star hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear pedrodo: Thank you for such a positive review! We are so thrilled to hear about the wonderful customer service that you received. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Westin Beach Resort and Spa did everything we asked of it. It was right across from the beach, had a nice pool, and well appointed rooms. While the rooms could use a fresh coast of paint, they were kept very clean. Food is definitely expensive, and room service is not very good so plan on eating elsewhere as possible.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear pkashinsky: Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear about how much you enjoyed the Westin Beach Resort & Spa on your recent visit to Ft. Lauderdale! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed here, and the staff continues to improve. The facility has been here for quite awhile, but the rooms and public spaces are well maintained, and the pool and exercise rooms are very clean and not normally crowded. It would actually be a good hotel for families (the hotel has a bridge directly to a beautiful beach), if a moderately priced café were incorporated into the hotel. As it is, their restaurant is Shula's, which is an extraordinarily expensive steak house. As a result, the restaurant usually has more employees than customers.

The staff makes this hotel. The Front Desk staff as a group are very good, but during our stay, Molly (concierge) and Chandra (housekeeping) appeared to be empowered to take especially good care of their customers. When we come back to Ft Lauderdale, they are what will bring us back to the Westin.

Stayed: June 2013

Dear LoneStarSailor: Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale and thank you for your continued patronage. We can't wait to welcome you back for another rejuvenating Westin stay. Thank you again for your comments, they are much appreciated!