Being a Starwood platinum member I still like to read the review prior to booking a hotel stay and this hotel was up to the vast majority of previous reviews. Arrived and was very cordially greeted at the door and then at the front desk, it was too early to be checked in but they still offered their help.
Unfortunately I can't remember the manager or assistant manager at the front desk but she was great, I had preciously tried to be upgraded to a suite and she offered to see what she could do since the hotel was full, ended up I received the upgrade, it was great.
Very well located, close to restaurants and shops, bus stop, trolley stop right at the hotel adn the free complimentary lounge chairs were very appreciated on the beach.
I guess the only negative but wasn't a big one since we were not in a hurry anyhow, was the service at the restaurant (Shula's) as mentioned by a few others but the food was great, a little expensive but it is a resort hotel after all.
Would definitely go back when in Fort Lauderdale.
One last remark, i'm not good with remembering names but the person who took care of our room during our stay (five nights) was great and made certain we didn't miss anything, sorry for not remembering your name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin