“Would Definately Return” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Baltimore, Maryland
“Would Definately Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were only here for one night, unfortunately. The hotel is very nice with wonderful customer service. The rooms are updated and everyone was very friendly. The room was right next to the elevator (shared a wall) and I was not pleased about that but did not hear the elevator at all, so it was not so bad. Our room faced the intercoastal waterway, it was a nice view at sunset. The little opening in the bathroom looking out into the bed area was weird, but we just kept it closed the whole time. My husband used the fitness center, he said it was very nice and it looked out onto the beach, a beautiful view. Only thing I did not like is that they charged you to hookup your laptop to their Internet. Would definitely return here if I were to come back to Ft. Lauderdale!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank md513
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear md513: Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments with us about your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, they are much appreciated! We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing Westin stay!

Complex Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Cajun in Southwest Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Spent a weekend here for a company meeting. On arrival, you first notice the great location beach side and the facilities seem clean and nice. However when I stay at a hotel which I do frequently there are certain things I expect at even the smallest hotels. One is for the room to be cleaned daily and the soap, shampoo etc to be replenished.
The first day I went back to my room around 3pm and noticed that the room hadn't been serviced. I figured ok they may just be behind as it is a large hotel with a large convention going on. When I got back to my room after pm that night I noticed my bed had been made and trash had been taken out. The dirty glasses and empty cups and water bottles were left and the shower supplies had not been replenished. This was ok that night as I had enough for the next day. However the second time this happened I begin to wonder. Another item was I had left out the iron to cool. usually when I do this housekeeping will replace it. Not here. When I went to get in bed I realized that the sheets had not been changed or even been pulled up as the top sheet was still pushed down under the duvet where I had kicked it. All that had happened was the duvet was pulled up.
The room also suffered from being next to the elevator and ventilation. It was loud and the music from the pool sounded like it was pumped right into the room.
The pros. Great sunrise from my ocean view. Also the employees seemed very well organized. Makes me wonder what was going on with housekeeping. Maybe I've been spoiled by all my nights in the Hampton Inns I stay in when traveling.
In a hotel of this size and expense these are basics so I will have to rate accordingly.

Room Tip: Oceanview is the way to go here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Cajunwanderer
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Cajunwanderer: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale. Your suggestions are very important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products. Thank you again for your feedback and for also sharing what you enjoyed best.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Loved the location. The beach is beautiful. Nice pool The staff was friendly We didn't spend much time at the hotel anyway. I got a deal at Priceline for $99. probably wouldn't pay more than that.
The local area is great and we had a great time. I was also there for a event at the Broward County Convention Center and the hotel was 10 min away

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear CFanes: Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments with us about your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, they are much appreciated!

Montoursville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked this hotel through priceline and feel we were lucky to get it. It is convenient to the airport and the cruise port, while they don't offer shuttles to these it only cost about $20 to take a taxi from the airport and we shared a ride to the cruiseport arranged through the matre d and the cost was $20. The room was on the small size and our view was of the roof of the lower part of the hotel, but when you book through priceline you don't really get a choice. We are Starwood members and they did put us on the Starwood floor.
The pool is very nice and overlooks the ocean, there is a poolside bar and the staff at the pool will set you up in a chair and get your towels. There is a walkway over the road to get to the beach which was very convenient. Within walking distance there was a shopping area with many restaurants.
Overall the hotel is very nice, clean and would definately stay here again, if we ever travel to Ft Lauderdale for an extended stay would definately look into staying at this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beachloversPA
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear beachloversPA: Thank you for sharing your wonderful review about your recent stay at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with us and we are so glad to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay even more relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed just one night with friends. It was a great stay but not cheap. Overall it probably is worth it but the booze and food is over priced. We got a room by the lifts which was kinda noisey. Staff are giid

• Stayed November 2012
Bandon, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The pros: wonderful heated pool, right across from the ocean with an overpass walkway to the beach. Nice bed. The cons: we had a reserved room that was not available on check-in. We got in another tower than our friends. (There room is great!) We got a very noisy room. My husband has asthma and I like to sleep with the window open, but we are right above a super noisy air condtion unit on a roof right under our room. The layout of the room is very poor. The bathroom door swings open and hits the bed. It is slated so the privacy issue is nil. We stayed at the W next door last time in Fort Lauderdale, in which the rooms are so far superior. The maid never made up our room. Internet is $7.95 for fifteen minutes on the hotel computers by the gift shop, $9.95 in the room for 24 hours.

Room Tip: Insist on a quiet room away from the A/C unit.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear GoodKarmaTraveler: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at our resort. Your suggestions are very important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products. Thank you again for your feedback and for also sharing the positives about your stay.

Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just returned from a conference at the Westin. I was very impressed with the room quality. I was surpised that you really could not hear people in surrounding rooms. The bed was very comfy, as was the shower. People complain about the window in the bathroom, but I enjoyed being able to watch T.V. as I was getting ready in the morning. The only thing that could be better is the water pressure in the sink. I'm all for conservation, but this was a little too much. I definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business