We stayed at the Westin Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights following a week long cruise. When reading other reviews of this hotel I had hoped that the reviewers were just picky about certain things, unfortunately we found that all the reviews are true.
Don't get me wrong...it's a decent hotel and the service was good...but there were just too many things that continued to bug me through out our stay. Number one...who thought it was okay to put plantation shutter doors on the bathroom and only a half glass partition in the shower? Talk about lack of privacy and water all over the place! Number two...why is it that the carpet in one of the towers is nice and plush but the other tower's carpet is old and stained? When I asked, I was told that they just hadn't gotten around to replacing it yet. Number 3...$25 a day for parking is pretty ridiculous and tough on the pocket book, plus since you can only valet your car then you're also expected to tip the valets. Number 4...The pool area is a joke in and of it's self. I've stayed at cheaper hotels with nicer pools than this.
On the plus side...the hotels location is great considering it's right across from the beach and within walking distance of plenty of restaurants. Also, they've done a really great job of sound proofing the rooms...we knew there was a large group of people on either side of us because we could here them from the hallway but once in the room all was silent.
If asked if we would stay here again my answer would have to be maybe, but only if we got a really great deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin