It is interesting reading the various reviews of this hotel especially the most recent. One could get an impression that this hotel is not good. However, my family recently spent two nights, Jan 3/4 and had a pleasant stay. Overall impressions: service was excellent, despite recent reviews (we own a restaurant and pride ourselves on evaluating service) from the valet attendants to the bellman staff to the concierge desk. All were extremely polite and were good conversationalist that made you feel at home. Upon check-in we received a free upgrade and and our rooms were exactly as we requested--two adjoining rooms. Our first night it was extremely cold for the region, mid 40s, and the room was quite chilly (low 60s) , but since the hotel is not equipped for heating of rooms this was to be expected, but the staff quickly sent us a space heater, within 10 mins, which adequately heated our room for the night. The hotel design reflects an older architecture but the styling is updated throughout most of the hotel. However, one complaint is that the hallway flooring in the East building is worn and needs replaced. The rooms have excellent bedding and furnishings. The shower had great water pressure and temperature. The fitness facility is small but has a great view of the ocean. Overall, for the price, we were very satisfied with our selection of the Westin and would return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin