The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
$195
$94
$128
$178
$167
$129
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$186
Hotels.com
$212
$169
3,860 results
All reviewsnorth towerheavenly bedocean viewsliding dooracross the streetpool areapool attendantvalet parkingvalet staffbeach chairsoceanfront rooman umbrellanice poolspring breaklas olaswater taxistarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This hotel was wonderful from the moment we pulled up in the car. Friendly, caring, sincere and very helpful. OUr rooms were clean, neat, nicely decorated and the ammenties were nice. Everyone was smiling as they were going about their jobs. We went to the fitness room daily and it was always clean and full of towels and headphones and water. I was walking through the hallways one afternoon and noticed the food and beverage staff all smiles and greeting you so nicely.
The people who answered the phone for room service were so nice and helpful. We will definatly stay here again and we all recommend this hotel. We stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute of it.

Room Tip: nice views and we were upgraded for no additional cost.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
sinceresfbh, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Dear Francis52: Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had such a great stay at our property and enjoyed our wonderful amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful beaches and The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Hello

I know the management sometimes lurks here..I have sent multiple emails to the hotel hoping for a reply, but yet to receive one. I even left a voice message at the front desk.I can not seem to get any reply regarding my upcoming stay in a few weeks. If possible kindly provide the best way to contact the hotel or a GM etc.

I greatly appreciate all the reviews and feedback from Tripadvisor members that make my travel very enjoyable.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to my stay.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

When i tell you this is the best hotel ever i am not kidding. I was upset to leave the hotel because i enjoyed it so much. And the person that made this possible was ROBERT from the front desk. From the moment i called he was there to assist me on anything i needed. He helped me with my reservation and made sure that everything i needed was met before we got off the phone. Then when i came to the hotel he greeted me like he knew me for yrs and made me feel like i was at home. What even made my day more was the complimentary upgrade that he was able to give us,this just made my night i had a full ocean view room and the room was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I CANT THANK ROBERT ENOUGH FOR ALL THAT HE DID. Thank you robert sooooo much you really made my stay FANTASTIC. This is the true meaning of a starwood hotel and robert is the true meaning of a starwood employee all hotels should have employees in place like robert. Onceagain THANK YOU ROBERT MUAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Jcanol: We read your review and were very excited to hear you had such a fabulous time with us and enjoyed your stay! Robert is such an asset to our team and we will most certainly share your positive comments with him and the rest of our Westin team. We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I just returned from a 4-day conference held here. The hotel was very clean and the conference rooms were kept at a comfortable temperature, unlike other hotels that I have attended conferences in. I liked that my room had an opening 'french door' where I could look out and get fresh air while working at the desk. The desk clerk was very knowledgeable about restaurants in the area, and the one she recommended was very good. The first morning I had breakfast at Shula's, the on-site restaurant, and Christopher was extremely helpful in suggesting and ensuring my very restrictive dietary needs were met. All of the housekeeping and door staff I came in contact with were very friendly, inquired about my needs, and made me feel like I was their only responsibility.

On the downside, I have to agree with other reviewers about the buffet-style meals during the convention. The meat was always dry and overcooked, the bacon greasy, and the soups and sides mediocre. I rate it about average for the conventions I have attended.

The business center was not manned, but after asking at the hotel desk, the people got in touch with me and came to my room to drop off and pick up packages. There are computers available even when its closed, and you can print your boarding passes free.
I would consider staying again.

Room Tip: You don't have to get an 'oceanside' room. With the opening door to the outside, from a corner room near the front you can easily see the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed at the Westin Beach Resort in November. Probably not the best time to stay here so please take our comments in the context of the time of year we were here. I say this bc the weekend we were here the winds were blowing strongly. And this hotel is not the best place to be when it's windy. We suspect the Starwood organization did a cosmetic renovation vs a structural renovation - and it shows. The property lacks the calm and sophistication we expect from a true Westin. The lobby area is cramped and crowded. The rooms are nice -but nothing special. The pool is nice, but also - nothing special. The biggest challenges are 1) You have to use the valet, which makes coming and going clunky 2) The rooms facing the ocean are as quiet as a wind tunnel. And that was with the windows closed! This suggests poor design, which is what makes the whole hotel a challenge. And feels more like a Holiday Inn gone Westin than a Westin retreat. Wish we had stayed at a newer, more sophisticated property for this price.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Mykingsdomaine: Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent experience with us at the Westin Beach Resort & Spa. First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for the disturbance you encountered with noise level of the wind from your guestroom. We rarely experience weather like this; however we understand that the nature of the wind coming off the ocean can be somewhat overbearing. We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback and we will certainly look into your concerns. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future!