“ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!”

Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Little Rock, Arkansas
“ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

What can I say? The check-in was a little long. Really not their fault. I think everyone important decided to stay there that week. My room wasn't ready but I ate at the poolside restaurant. I had chicken quesadillas. They were so good, I had them later that week. Room was actually ready before I finished eating! They placed me in a handicapped room. I expected the worst but was VERY PLEASED! The room was spacious and with an ocean view! The view was stunning. I was floored by the view every night. Beach access was the best. The only tunnel with direct beach access in the area. Also, I only booked a 3-night stay and was originally booked at another hotel. They extended the reservation seamlessly. I ordered room service. Wanted to order from the Kid's menu so as not to blow my food lover's plan and they let me without hassle. TWICE!!! I am a 4-star kinda girl and I was treated with 10-star service and excellence! Oh yeah! The Westins have the Heavenly Bed. DREAMY! Stayed at a Lousiana hotel the next week and felt the difference. Go Heavenly!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AMDTRAVELSTORE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in November on business. I had a really good experience for a business traveler.
The rooms were clean and modern. The view of the Atlantic was spectacular. The staff was friendly. The location was great.
Only a couple of negatives: the phones weren't working in the room which also seemed to effect the Internet connection, which was a big inconvienice for me, and the cleaning service wa ls nonexistent. I was there for 3 nights and no one ever came to clean my room, which is inappropriate for any hotel, especially when the rates are $170+.
We utilized one of their small conference rooms which was reasonably priced and professionally set up with notepads, drinks, etc. Very pleased with this aspect.
All in all, a good experience and I'm hoping my company is able to do another meeting here!

• Stayed November 2010
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My girlfriend flew in for a few days from a cold & dreary upstate NY, so she was desperate for some South Florida sun! I had stayed at the Westin last year with my boyfriend, so I knew it would be the perfect place to take her for a little girlfriend getaway. It did not disappoint! This time, I stayed in a BEAUTIFUL ocean view suite on the 11th floor overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The room was super clean, beautifully decorated, and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff was exceptional, especially Andrea (a sweetheart who works in valet), Jorge (love him!) and another consierge I met for the first time named Alin. They were all very helpful in making our stay relaxing & enjoyable.

We went to the Casablanca Cafe for dinner (where Jorge recommended last year) and the vibe was perfect. It was Sunday night and they had a guy singing & playing piano. So it was lively, but not the "party" vibe of Beach Place, and the food was great (esp. the olive oil/garlic/spinach dipping sauce they bring with the bread sticks - OMG YUM!!!).

It started raining, so we headed back to our room after dinner & stayed up late chatting & catching up. We kept the curtains open so we could watch the sunrise in the morning, and it was absolutely GORGEOUS! There's a Starbucks right in the hotel, so we headed down there for a light breakfast & sat outside enjoying the fresh ocean air. All in all, it was exactly the experience I was looking for to reconnect with my girlfriend and retreat from the world for a little while. Next time I plan on checking out their spa downstairs (just inside next to the Starbucks), I think it's called Heavenly? It looks amazing!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amberlina
PA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The hotel lobby was open and nice. The check-in staff was busy (3 on duty), but had a backup trying to get people checked in. Received a room on the 1st floor and no view. Room was spacious and clean. The desk was not very good for trying to work a long time.

The pool was excellent. It appeared that it was heated. They could use more deck chairs as there often were not left. The beach was right across the street. The beach was sandy and well maintained. Water temp was perfect.

Parking is valet only at $25 per night.

Many restaurants were within walking distance.

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. We were here for a friends wedding and stayed for a long weekend. The location is great - right on the beach and within walking distance to all the shops and cafes. It is only 1 of 2 hotels (Ritz Carlton the other) that has its own private walkway over the road to get to the beach without having to play frogger. The pool area is nice and we had no problem getting 2 lounge chairs. Plenty of servers to take your drink order. The only complaint there is I wish they had some finger foods on their bar menu. Our room was on the top floor with a 3/4 ocean view. There was a sliding door which was very nice. I do wish there was a balcony, but we were not in our rooms that much. Room was very clean with a mini-fridge. Bathroom was nice but small. I think all bathrooms (especially these since the door is louvered and not solid) should have fans, so that was a disappointing, though minute, detail. We opted for no housekeeping and were given a $5 voucher each day which we used at the starbucks and the bar. If we needed more towels, water, or coffee, we just called and they brought to our room within 5 minutes. Check-in and check-out were fine and the concierge, Jorge, was fantastic. We booked using their birthyear promotion - pay regular rate the 1st night and then your birthyear for the additional nights, which for us was $74 a night! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we hated to check-out!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I only stay a top quality hotels because I believe "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" I had read a lot of reviews and I willm admit I was scared but everyone is intitled to their own opinion Check-in was great the front desk was extremly nice, vallet packing was great, and the room was AMAZING!!! The beds were so soft I didn't want to leave my room. The room was beautiful..If you have the mends this hotel is definitely worth it...I enjoyed my stay itvwas great...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 21, 2011

In January, my girfriend and I booked a hotel in Ft Lauderdale for a couple of days pre-cruise in February, and we were positively surprised to learn that we got The Westin Beach Resort at a very reasonable rate.

Because we would be arriving rather late I phoned the hotel from Newark to make sure our room would be available. The female I talked to assured me it would, even though the hotel was overbooked. So, when we arrived at the hotel around 10 PM I wasn't too shocked when we were told that the hotel was full and that we would have to move to another place. After a little bit of discussion with the manager of whatever, we were offered rooms at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa at Hollywood Beach, free of charge, full refund of our booking expenses and free transportation. We accepted and had a great time there.

So - no complaints from me. We loved the Westin Diplomat, and the attitude of the manager who took care of us was friendly and sincere.

But we really would like to experience The Westin Beach Resort. Maybe another time...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple