“Going back to the Hilton!”

The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #31 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Morristown, New Jersey
“Going back to the Hilton!”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Just got back after 4 days at the Westin. Previously we had stayed at the Hilton up the road and I can say that there is quite a difference. First thing is that the pool was not heated at all unless you count natural sunlight. There are no hot tubs like the Hilton and the Waves bar and grill is adequate at best. The Hilton has Ilios which is highly rated and offers breakfast(kids eat free) where the Westin does not unless you want to go to Shulas and pay an arm and a leg. Our first night we ate at Shula's and the prices were astronomical, the service was SLOW even though it was half empty. The food was good however but not outstanding.
My wife asked for a crib for our 2 1/2 yr. old and of course it wasn't in the room when we got there and had to wait for it to arrive. When it arrived it was way too small so our daughter slept in our bed with us! Our view from our tiny room was of the parking lot not ocean view, and they charge you for internet service (not at Hilton) The valet parking charge is ridiculous and had to wait for the car like every one else. Definitely going back to the Hilton in the future!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NDR0422

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (973)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a wedding (last weekend to be exact). The few things I liked about this hotel were, the location (beautiful), the clean rooms and the comfy bed. What I didn't like? Where do I start? Upon arrival we were told that our room is not paid for despite the fact my boyfriend called, booked the room and gave them permission to charge it to the card. My friend had to give them a new credit card so we can check it to our room. Another issue was when we wanted to check out, we were charged twice for the late check out. Thank God my friend realized their mistake. The front desk staff was very rude especially this one lady I forgot the name but she was there the whole weekend. The salon was a joke, we had a $65 pedicure which was also a joke! We booked it without asking for the price and then we we didn't show up we were charged $130, after calling and complaining we didn't have a choice but to go and get this overpriced pedicure. The russian ladies at the salon were rude, the pedicure lasted 20 minutes and trust me it was below average. The food wasn't good at all, especially the beach cafe, we paid $60 for 2 drinks, ceaser salad and a panini sandwich. Really? They didn't have a lot of good restaurants so our choices were limited. Yesterday I found out that the hotel didn't charge my boyfriend's credit card but my friend's when I told them which card to use and the front desk acted like they understood my request. Overall I'm not too happy with this place, my friend's wedding was amazing so that's what matters the most. Me and my boyfriend stayed at Westin few times before, in Hawaii and St. John and this one was the worst. I hope they will read my review and comment.
They are other beautiful hotels around Westin give them a try.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank xadax
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at the Westin Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale. We have travelled enough to expereince many different hotels and resorts. By far this was the best experience we have encountered. From the moment we set foot in the hotel we were greeted with wonderful service. Our oceanview room was excellent. Super clean and very inviting. We must mention our wonderful concierge Jorge Hernandez. His excellent suggustions for dinner and entertainment were great. Service for renting a car and bikes just a simple task! Always a smile and ready to help. It is evident that the employees of the hotel go out of their way to make a guest's stay very memorable. From the pool area/bar to the great fitness cener. We would also like to thank Alvin in Shula's restaurant. Breakfast every morning was a pleasure knowing he would be serving our table. As well the breakfast selection had amazing healthy and hearty choices. We would most certainly reccommend this for a great little get a way!!! Once again thanks to all at the Westin!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank francesca91
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed at the Westin on returning from our 5 day cruise. It was in a great location, easy to find, many restraunts within walking distance. Loved our room on the 15th floor over looking the city and waterway side. Was beautiful at night! Must say being able to enjoy the view from even taking a shower was really nice. Easy access from hotel to beach with the walkway over the road, Staff was very nice! Will be back no doubt!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DHYGJenn
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Very comfortable Hotel only complaint shoul be balconies on the oceanfront rooms. > I usually enjoy My stay . moved over after horrible experiences at the W Hotel. Customer servie great . and they respect the starwood members unlike their sister hotel the W.

They understand why we join the membership not for our health

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2011

As a travel agent I have had the opportunity to travel to many destinations and stay at
many different hotels (Westin, Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton and their affiliated brands), and
I must highly compliment Jorge's outstanding service. He was ultimately helpful, knowledgeable,
polite and efficient. It was a pleasure to meet him and when I returned several weeks later
he even remembered my name and the event I had him research!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank butterfly7506
Michigan
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Beautiful hotel as expected. Rooms were nice but lacked balconies which would have been wonderful overlooking the ocean. Pool is also overlooking the ocean but chairs fill up quickly and pool isn't very large given the size of the hotel. The white tea body lotion/shampoo is lovely as is the room fragrance. Concierge staff were always very helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. Great stay, but surprised to realize that parking was $25/ day which almost equalled another night in the hotel! The $ was never mentioned at check in. Wi-fi is also $10/day. Would likely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family