Just got back after 4 days at the Westin. Previously we had stayed at the Hilton up the road and I can say that there is quite a difference. First thing is that the pool was not heated at all unless you count natural sunlight. There are no hot tubs like the Hilton and the Waves bar and grill is adequate at best. The Hilton has Ilios which is highly rated and offers breakfast(kids eat free) where the Westin does not unless you want to go to Shulas and pay an arm and a leg. Our first night we ate at Shula's and the prices were astronomical, the service was SLOW even though it was half empty. The food was good however but not outstanding.
My wife asked for a crib for our 2 1/2 yr. old and of course it wasn't in the room when we got there and had to wait for it to arrive. When it arrived it was way too small so our daughter slept in our bed with us! Our view from our tiny room was of the parking lot not ocean view, and they charge you for internet service (not at Hilton) The valet parking charge is ridiculous and had to wait for the car like every one else. Definitely going back to the Hilton in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool here at the beautiful Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. An oceanfront resort with an inspirational setting on Fort Lauderdale Beach, it is our hope that your stay with us will leave you feeling refreshed. Discover the "Venice of America" and explore 300 miles of navigable waterways or relax on the warm sands of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Bask in the sunshine on our serene pool deck overlooking the ocean. Enjoy wonderful on-site Ft. Lauderdale dining or venture out to Las Olas Boulevard which features nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Restore body and mind in our 432 soothing and elegant guest rooms, each graced with the sumptuous Westin Heavenly(R) Bed. A daily Resort Charge plus tax, per day will be posted to each guest room for a variety of amenities and services. Valet Parking available for an additional fee per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin