“This place will not let you down”
Review of YOLO

YOLO
Reserve with OpenTable
YOLO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Cross street: Las Olas Blvd. & SE 4th Ave
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am not a big fan of reviewing restaurants because each person has different taste and a very particular perspective on what consitutes fine cuisine and a welcoming ambiance. That said, I have to confess that I was intrigued by the pretentious aura of YOLO.
Secudled in the far end of Las Olas Boulevard, among tall buildings that somewhat shade the sun, it is a sight from the start. A big pitfire welcomes you to the main entrance, where a bleached blond hostess that won't even look you in the eye guides you to your table and stamps the day's specials on a blank piece of paper. First point for this place.
Next come the drinks. Tried two different ones and they were not only well poured but generous in size, unlike other local joints. While you wait for food to be served you can either admire the surrounding buidings, people watch, or simply enjoy the diverse music selection they play overhead (it went from tribal to chillout lounge to Morrissey in matter of minutes.) Second point for this place.
The food. What can I say? My companion and I just looked at each other when we tried the asian style calamari (don't remember the exact name) and paired it with the grilled artichokes. Entrees were of equally superb quality, but we both agreed that the appetizers and drinks were the strength. Our waitress and server were both very friendly in a professional way, although the bus guy could be taught some lessons in addressing people, or at least saying hello when bringing plates to the table.
I was very satisfied overall and the price is reasonable when compared to other restaurants with similar ratings on this site. We tried to return for dinner but Fort Lauderdale has so much to offer that got sidetracked. It will definitely be on my list of places to stop for my next visit.

1  Thank L M
There are newer reviews for YOLO

Reviewed November 12, 2012

In that you will find three segments here; a lounge, a restaurant, and a bar/dance area. Pretty neat set-up huh ;)

1  Thank Miguel Y
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had heard that YOLO was fun and we wanted to try it. We came early for a Martini , big and delicioso. Our waiter, Earl, made our evening one of the best we have had in Ft Lauderdale and including Miami. The service and the food were great. The artichoke appetizer was just delicious. My husband had the short ribs, no fat tender well complemented , and I had the trout perfecly done on the fired oak grill. We are excited to go again and will ask for Earl, he is a an experienced and great addition to YOLO to keep a server of this quality is a compliment to the restaurant.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Picked Yolo after reading positive review from another dinner reservation website. Went with some friends from out of town and was very impressed. The server was very nice and helpful. The food was delicious and original. Price wise it was a little high to be a regular spot for me, but for the location and quality, I would have no problems going back for another special evening. Overall it was a good evening, good drinks, good service, and most importantly good food, Yolo hits the nail right on the head

Reviewed October 23, 2012

First time at this restaurant. What a wonderful experience. Great food & great service at a good price. I will definately be back