“There's Just 1 *Great* Chinese Restaurant in Fl - this is it.”
Review of Christina Wan's

Christina Wan's
Ranked #336 of 1,366 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Victoria Park
Reviewed June 16, 2013

By discovering Christina Wan's, we have found a reason to stay in South Florida! We have felt deprived of quality Chinese food since we moved here 6 years ago. Having tried dozens upon dozens of mediocre Chinese restaurants throughout Palm Beach and Broward counties, we are so joyful to have finally discovered great Chinese! The sauces are delicate, the flavors are robust and varied, the menu reflects depth, the prices are reasonable, the service is quick, the food is hot, the restaurant is clean, the owner is welcoming--simply put, Christina Wan's is a terrific find for us. You know it's great food when the leftovers don't make it until morning. (Round two happened at home when we each enjoyed our final serving of Moo Shu Chicken and Steak Kew upon walking in our home. In fact, our leftovers did not make it until morning.) We are no longer deprived - we have arrived!

Families: They offer booths and tables. The owner noticed we had a tired kiddo with us and suggested we take a long booth so our daughter could lie down - child friendly, yes!

Setting: Don't let the strip mall facade scare you off. This is a 3rd generation restaurant and the recipes reflect pride, quality, and refinement. This is not fast food Chinese. This restaurant offers a pleasurable dining experience that can be enjoyed for a special occasion or after a busy day at the office. Casual or dressy - you decide. (We wore jeans and went on Father's Day.) Another table was "dressed" for a birthday celebration. Each to his own - anything goes.

Style: The sauces aren't thick and goopy, rather they are delicate and robust. There are plenty of Mandarin, Szechuan, and even Cantonese choices. If you like New York variants of Chinese food, this is your place! The menu is very broad and the dishes are all unique to one another.

Accommodation: There is a menu section that even caters to low-carb eating (so sugar/no cornstarch) and guests are encouraged to articulate their preferences or ask about an item not appearing on the menu. (We had a special order of Moo Goo Gai Pan made for our son. It was not listed on the menu. It was made for him to perfection!)

3  Thank suzie k

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have eaten at Chrisina Wan's before and were expecting good quality food. However, tonight we were served spoiled chicken. Christina graciously asked what we wanted instead, but the dishes were somewhat bland. We were disappointed.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My company orders catering from Christina Wan's. The service is excellent, the food is abundant and really good. It is the best Chinese food I have ever had!

1  Thank MariaM34438
Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you can remember how good Chinese food tasted when you were young, then you'll love Christana Wan's. Our dumpling soup was yummo. The "house fried rice" was very good, the "House Wor Ba" was excellent with shrimp, chicken and vegies. The "Mandarin Scallion Roast Pork" was great. No doggie bag for us. The waitress was attentive without being intrusive. Friend loved his Mai Tai, My martini was good. It's proximity to The Parker Playhouse makes this an ideal place for an early dinner, although they are open til 10PM.

1  Thank Retailer
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Christina Wan's is a favorite date night destination for my husband and I. In the many times we have dined there, service has always been great and the food has been tasty - last night was no different.

We started with the spring rolls ($4) and Ha Gow ($4) for appetizers. Both were brought to our table almost immediately. I indulged and ordered a Plum Sake Cosmo ($9) before ordering our entrees (okay, so I had two - don't judge). Although the drinks are on the expensive side, it was worth every sip.

I ordered the Mandarin Scallion Beef ($14) and my husband had one of the Chef Specialties - Fried Tilapia Filets with Szechuan Sauce ($16). The beef in my dish was tender, as were the green onions with just a little bit of crunch. Due to my stomach's adversity to spicy foods, I was not able to taste my husband's entree, but he said it was delicious and cleaned his plate.

I have never found the service at Christina Wan's to be lacking. Waiters appear several times during the meal to check on you, but are never intrusive. The only downside to last night was a party seated three tables over speaking loudly and using vulgar language, but I guess you can't fault the restaurant for people not being raised correctly.

I also noticed last night that there we people seated outside, though why anyone would want to brave the South Florida humidity for a view of the parking lot is beyond me.

Our check can me to $58 and change (a big chunk was my drinks..lol), so with tip, $75.

3  Thank Beth5789