“Great Food at Reasonable Prices”
Review of Christina Wan's

Christina Wan's
Ranked #324 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Victoria Park
Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Great Food at Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Christina Wan's is a favorite date night destination for my husband and I. In the many times we have dined there, service has always been great and the food has been tasty - last night was no different.

We started with the spring rolls ($4) and Ha Gow ($4) for appetizers. Both were brought to our table almost immediately. I indulged and ordered a Plum Sake Cosmo ($9) before ordering our entrees (okay, so I had two - don't judge). Although the drinks are on the expensive side, it was worth every sip.

I ordered the Mandarin Scallion Beef ($14) and my husband had one of the Chef Specialties - Fried Tilapia Filets with Szechuan Sauce ($16). The beef in my dish was tender, as were the green onions with just a little bit of crunch. Due to my stomach's adversity to spicy foods, I was not able to taste my husband's entree, but he said it was delicious and cleaned his plate.

I have never found the service at Christina Wan's to be lacking. Waiters appear several times during the meal to check on you, but are never intrusive. The only downside to last night was a party seated three tables over speaking loudly and using vulgar language, but I guess you can't fault the restaurant for people not being raised correctly.

I also noticed last night that there we people seated outside, though why anyone would want to brave the South Florida humidity for a view of the parking lot is beyond me.

Our check can me to $58 and change (a big chunk was my drinks..lol), so with tip, $75.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Beth5789

Boston
“Reasonably good Chinese food”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I met family members who live in Florida at Christina Wan's for dinner. While my Florida cousin loves this restaurant, we thought it was just okay. The service was very good, the prices fair, and the menu pretty varied, but the quality of the preparation was missing. Decent enough place for a casual dinner but can't commend it beyond that.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank betsy1224
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“AMERICAN (Chinese) FOOD”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a 4th visit to Wan's and it is consistently good food, American style. Prices are relatively on the high side, but entrees are tasty and very attractive. If you are a true fan of authentic Chinese cuisine, this will be a disappointment. But, if you tastes lean toward P. F. Chang's concept of Chinese food, you'll really enjoy it here.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kevinbernardi
Lisbon, Portugal
“Listed as a must eat Mandarin in the Fort Lauderdale city guide”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood Intown city guide lists this restaurant as a “must eat” Mandarin. So, as a Chinese food lover, I had to try it. Located in a strip mall on the North Federal Highway, this place earned mixed reviews, and although I wasn’t thrilled, I found it reasonably good and fair priced. I chose from the lunch specials that include a soup or spring roll and steamed rice or brown rice. The broccoli chicken with brown rice was appetizing, well prepared and nicely presented. Most of the wok entrees are in the $8 - $10 range and the portions well served.
The place itself is not very big, but the atmosphere is friendly and the service is efficient.
As I see it, this is not an upper scale Chinese restaurant, but all things considered, the location, the setting and the atmosphere, it was good value for money.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MariaCB
New Hempstead
“Asian Take-out”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We didn't actually eat at Christina Wan's but we ordered out. We still enjoyed the food at reasonable prices.. We picked-up the food so we got to check out the decor. The restaurant appeared tidy, clean and well managed... I would eat there.

Visited November 2012