“Nearly Pardaise”

La Casa Del Mar
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nearly Pardaise”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Greeted by the front desk as family.
Our room was quaint complete with kitchenette. The room was clean and comfortable. There is a continental breakfast available daily from 8 - 10.
aLa Casa del Mar is located 2 blocks from the beach and 1 block from A1A and have ample parking.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Wizard113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I've had the pleasure of staying at La Casa for 9 days over the holiday season and cannot say enough.. From the wonderful staff, to the room, free wifi, parking and breakfast. The outdoor washer and dryer. La Casa had everything I ever wanted and the relaxed atmosphere of it all. My husband and I even BBQ'd at La Casa's sister hotel next door on the roof top. My husband Carmelo and I can't wait to come back.

The location is so perfect you think your in heaven, pool at your feet, walk out to the right is the intercoastal to the left is the magnificent beach in beautiful Ft. Lauderdale.

Cheryl and staff, THANK YOU.

CONCETTA & CARMELO

Room Tip: We had a lovely sunny room on both sides, love seat, kitchen and table and chairs, along with an out...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carcon324
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Came over from Tampa with another couple on New Year's Eve for 2 nights.

We stayed in room 13. The bathroom is tiny and the decorations are minimal. Just an average room.

Before our arrival, I called to ask about NYE suggestions within walking distance. The first guy mentioned Wilton Manors which was 6 miles away. I tried again the next day and a different person mentioned two restaurants but said he didn't know their pricing. So we pretty much were on our own with those plans.

This is not a B & B. The breakfast consisted of pre-packaged bagels and cream cheese. By 9:30, the orange juice was gone. It was placed in a hallway.

The location as everyone has stated is awesome. One block from the beach, and you can catch the water taxi over to Los Olas at the end of Seville St, a couple blocks away.

Upon arrival our toilet did not flush. We let the front desk know the following morning. The gentleman went up to the room and dropped the top of the toilet and broke part of the base of the sink. He said the problem was fixed but we could move rooms if we wanted. I asked if we could wait and decide and he said he would leave a note for the afternoon person. We got back from South Beach just after 5 and the afternoon person was gone. We went to our room and the toilet still didn't flush. We called the emergency number and they brought a key to another room and left it on the door while we had dinner. So late that night we switched to a room to with a working toilet.

The next morning upon checkout, we found our credit card had already been charged. There was no offer of a discount for having to move our rooms late at night on our own.

Overall, other than the location, it was barely average and certainly was not a B & B. The price is a good value, because of the location, just don't expect a lot of friendly and personal service.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank dwhitman32
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I am from Switzerland and discovered this "jewel" in Ft Lauderdale thanks to a friend of mine. It is a truly exceptional hotel: a unique atmosphere makes you feel as if you were a part of a family; the nicest and always ready to help personnel at the reception as well as cleaning services; clean; offering variety of facilities (e.g. rooms with or without kitchen); two swimming pools where you can enjoy cool music. The hotel is conveniently located just a couple of steps from the beach and near a smaller shopping centre. By car you can get within 10-15 mins to big shopping centers, fitness centre and and and... My favorite place in FL. Would recommend to those traveling solo or with families. I will definitely come back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Oct 7- 10, first trip to Florida. Was greeted kindly by Geraldo and my room was #4 on the first floor. It was very spacious and my only qualm was that the shower head was low and hot water was not long lived in my showers. It rained most of our stay and we weren't bothered by that at all. You are one block from the beach and a few blocks from restraunts and a cvs that serves as the area grocery. We ordered dominoes pizza and really good chinese food from Yeung's House . the beach is clean and was not crowded when we went on the one dry day. the hotel pool was small and sweet, we didnt get up from breakfast but did enjoy some from Spazio (wonderful eggs halifax and steak and eggs :) I got decent mussels from a mediterranean place on AIA but the service could have been better. What we noticed is that all the restraunts we went to were staffed by young europeans who must either not care for black customers or be indifferent to american hospitality. Next time I hope we venture out more but this will definitely be where we lay our heads for all future Ft. lauderdale trips.

Room Tip: Room # 4 has a king bed, a kitchenette and is on the first floor, large room with good floor space
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is a well priced , well located place to stay. We tried to check in at 19.10 hrs but the gate was locked and the reception buzzer got no reply. The check in info said the reception was maned till 20.00 but it wasnt. So we stood in the rain trying various other numbers given and finally gained access and checked in. The room ( No.7) was large clean and well appointed although the bathroom was a little `tired`. Breakfast was basic but ok. You collect it buffet style from a corridor type area and then have to find somewhere to sit. There are a few tables and chairs around the pool area, but a sign says `no food in pool area` which people seemed to ignor.The other option would be to take it back to your room, which is ok as long as you dont want that second cup of coffee. During our stay we used the pool a.m. and then went to our room to shower before going out at midday only to find the water had been turned off to allow work to take place in reception. A note slid under the door the day before would have been useful so we and anyone else could have planned accordingly. In the bathroom I never managed to get hot water to the bathroom sink. I think it was due to the fact that the sprinkler type rose on the tap allowed so little water to pass that it never got through. I ended up using the bath tap and a jug to fill the basin. We were recomended a place to eat by reception as The Casablnca Cafe just round the corner and its excellent. A few little gripes but overall a good place to relax and unwind and the kitchenette in the room could be useful if on a budget.We found the staff friendly and polite and we will probably stay there next year

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The service was great! I believe the person that was in the office when we checked in was Gerardo?? not sure but he was super nice and he even gave us a coupon book that I liked! As soon as we requested our room to be cleaned when we returned we walked in to a clean room :) The cleaning lady is super nice very helpful and polite. My boyfriend and I got a small room but it came with a small kitchenette that was filled with pans and cooking utensils, also it came with a table, an extra refrigerator, wine opener thing, iron ironing board, I loved how they provided a shaver, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, lotion! What beats free parking, beach chairs and beach towels??!! All that was available for free! Oh and they have washers and dryers!!

The location was perfect, literally like not even a min away from the beach!! Not immediately surrounded by big hotels so it feels like a very private place :) My boyfriend and I loved it! Very romantic for us :)

I liked how the people that staid there were nice and inviting. If we go again we will stay there again!! Thank you Casa del Mar, you are a part of our perfect vacation!! :)

The least thing I did not like was that the room had little ants, for the most part I would just smash them but they never seemed to finish. I did not bring it to their attention though. Maybe I should have. Hence the rate 4:5.

Room Tip: We didnt see any other rooms other than the one we staid in. We were not big on views so we were sat...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple