1,886 results
All reviews las olas executive tower indigo restaurant new tower wild sea the cheesecake factory older part oyster bar water taxi charming hotel restaurants and shops old florida across the street room was large valet parking room key pre cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located downtown with easy access to many restaurants and only about ten minutes from the airport. The room was large (but I was upgraded to a “king” from a queen). It was VERY clean and reminded me of a typical hotel room of very nice quality. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were a little flat (down which I don’t prefer). The room was a little pricey but it was Spring Break. Valet was very good. Absolutely no complaints. I would use again if wanting a good hotel near the airport.

Date of stay: March 2018
Michael C, Guest Services Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Hello Douglas P,

We appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I have discussed with leadership for possible renovation solutions.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Pre Silversea cruise, we were expecting the Company to arrange a hotel with commensurate levels to that of the Ships. Oh dear. The room ! We thought is was dark on arrival with the curtains drawn, so pulling them back we were shocked with the view. Probably the worst I have ever seen at a hotel. Roof level and a mass of pipes and air conditioning units all making a continuous hum. Now I know they need to rent out these rooms but just install a heavy net curtain so at least the blackout blinds don't have to be drawn all day long. I personally disliked the terracotta feel to the whole place and the dismal lighting in the public areas. The breakfast area was so cold and dark we had to eat on the street seating area to get warm. The pool is located across the road to the rear of the property so not so convenient. Now in fairness this is an old building and so the ability to change is limited and the old Spanish look is loved by some, not just our taste. The Staff were all friendly and very helpful and you couldn't fault the cleanliness,the location is also excellent. I believe rooms in the "towers" are far better so Silversea give us a choice of rooms please.

Room tip: Not in the old building !!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike W

Hello Mike,

Reviewed March 22, 2018

We made reservations for this hotel in Dec 2017 for a 3 day stay after our cruise in March. We had requested a balcony room with 2 queen beds in their tower with river views. The woman we spoke to said to call to make that request as soon as we got off the ship which we did at 8:15 am and we were told that would be available. We arrived at the hotel at 9 am and checked in and they stated that room would be available after it was cleaned. Left them our number and stored our bags. Went for breakfast and checked things out. At 11 went to check on room status still was not ready. We sat by the pool and enjoyed the view. At 3:00 still had not heard anything and went to check, woman at desk called housekeeping and room had not been cleaned yet even though she said previous people left at 11 so she put a priority clean on it and said it would be ready in 1/2 hour so we went to the bar for some drinks. At 4 went to check and never received a call and they stated that room was no longer available. Asked to speak to the manager and all he could say was that nothing is guaranteed even though for 8 hours that room was a available to us. No apologies or anything. He did offer it to us the next day but we would have to check out and store our luggage until room was ready. I felt the least they could do was let us stay in the room until until it was ready but that was not an option. Customer service there is not very good. The room we ended up with was nice and had a partial river view. The pool area very nice and Los olas Blvd was great. Personally I probably won't stay here again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine F
Michael C, Guest Services Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear Christine F,

We thank you for your feedback, which we consider a gift. I have shared them with my team and I'm personally looking into this occurrence. Please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me directly at mcanales@riversidehotel.com, I would like to get more information so that I can address this accordingly.

Again my apologies,

Michael Canales

Reviewed March 22, 2018

This is a tough review to write. We had such a wonderful experience with the front desk associate, Rose, I was certain the rest of the hotel would live up to the exceptional standard that she set. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Once we checked in, we chose the hotel restaurant, Indigo, facing Las Olas Blvd to enjoy the beautiful weather and people watch. After the hostess seated us, waiters walked back and forth by our table, but none of them acknowledged us. After 10 minutes, I asked the hostess if she could bring us some beverages. She said no - that a waiter would be coming soon. He finally came. No greeting - just took our order - unapologetic. Food arrived in a reasonable time and was very good. When it came time for the bill, we waited and waited. I asked the hostess again if she could bring our check. No again. It must be the waiter. The rest of my party left to go to the room. I waited an additional 20 minutes to get the bill and pay. All this while, the hostess is just standing at her station watching the world go by. The next morning we decided to order room service. We had a lovely suite with a view and thought this way we would avoid the bad service at the restaurant. To our dismay, the $60+ room service order came in take out containers in a paper bag! The whole point of room service is the luxury of it - and you pay $18 just for the delivery, plus additional room service fees. It was so disappointing. We were celebrating a very special birthday and left feeling cheated out of that experience. There is so much opportunity at this hotel that is being wasted by poor management and leadership. It's unfortunate.

2  Thank CharlotteSadie

Hello CharlotteSadie,

We appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your comments with Rose! She greatly appreciates it!

We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I have discussed with leadership for possible Food and Beverage solutions.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel for two nights. This is a beautiful hotel with a great location. There is a nice walkway on the river behind the hotel and many stores and eateries out front on Las Olas. We were in The tower and it was clean and quiet.

The first night was probably one of the coldest nights in Florida and our heater didn't work. It took awhile for it to be repaired, but the were very accommodating and made the situation right.

We would definitely stay here again!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greene0953

Hello Greene0953,

We thank you for staying with us and we are thrilled you gave us a 5 star rating!
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best,