1,778 results
All reviews las olas executive tower indigo restaurant new tower wild sea the cheesecake factory older part water taxi oyster bar old florida charm charming hotel restaurants and shops across the street hotel bar room was large parking garage room key
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at the Riverside Hotel from February 12 to the 15th. There was a problem getting to the hotel because my original flight from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale was cancelled. I called the hotel and told them I was arriving very early on February 13 and to hold my room booking for the 12th so I could get into my room when I arrived. The hotel handled this perfectly.

I needed transport from the airport in Miami when my rerouted flight arrived. That booking through the hotel concierge was handled very well.

I had dinner at the hotel's Golden Lion restaurant on February 14. The meal was very good. There was a problem with debris in the wine I had ordered. Ken Williams, the food and beverage manager handled the problem expeditiously and graciously.

My room was clean but a bit dated. The breakfasts at the Indigo Restaurant was good and the prices were in keeping with this area. All told I had great service and a pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hi Teamride,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your detailed feedback and are thrilled Ken was able to help you! We hope you can return next year to see our complete room makeover and suggest you try the Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille!

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful. It's in a wonderful part of downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Within walking distance of many awesome restaurants and retail. Hotel restaurant serves an awesome salmon dinner. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for a business trip!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hi KLA-JEA,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed our lovely location as well as our highly praised salmon dish! We truly hope to see you back your next stay in Fort Lauderdale - business or pleasure!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed one night at the Riverside Hotel before a cruise trip with my wife. First time in Fort Lauderdale, did a lot of search for a decent hotel and good location so I can explore the town. Bingo, homework paid off. Beautiful hotel, friendly and accomodating stuff. We have standard room on a second floor. Furniture was not new, but everything worked and everything was clean. Free internet, decent speed, two restaurants, cozy lobby...Asked for later check out, they gave us 1:30 pm. But what most important is great location, just can't find better. You walk right on Las Olas Ave, where all life is...Cafe, bars, restaurant, boutiques, art galleries, you name it...
May be this hotel cost a little more than competition, but it well worth it.

Taxi from hotel to port was $16.00-17.00

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mgur1

Hi Mgur1,

We couldn't be happier you had such a positive experience at our hotel! We're getting a furniture makeover this year and would love for you to return and give us some feedback! :)

Thank you for your kind grade and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the Riverside Hotel after a trip to Cuba. Our room was in the tower and had a view of the New River which runs by the hotel. Room was large and well appointed. The hotel's location cannot be beat as we were able to walk to dinner on Las Olas Blvd and then along the New River on a sunny Sunday morning. We self-parked for $18 which was very convenient. About a 15 drive to Ft. Lauderdale airport and 30 minute drive from the Miami airport. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hi Parallel40!

Thank you so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor!

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and got to enjoy all of the close by entertainment & amenities. We truly hope you enjoyed your trip to Cuba as well! We can't wait to see back your next time in Fort Lauderdale and suggest you try the Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille for fresh seafood!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have stayed here 3 times before a cruise (both fll and Mia). Rooms are comfortable and clean with upscale tropical decor. Location is excellent and surrounding area offers lots to do. Nearby CVS is also helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014

Hi abm3273,

Thank you so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to see you back for the third time. We're actually getting a makeover this year and are eager to hear your feedback on the new decor. We are truly looking forward to your return!

Sunny Re