1,771 results
All reviews las olas executive tower indigo restaurant new tower wild sea the cheesecake factory older part water taxi oyster bar charming hotel old florida charm restaurants and shops across the street hotel bar room was large parking garage room key
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great couple of days spent at the Riverside....our flight touched down shortly before midnight. The hotel has an arrangement with a privately owned shuttle service to provide transportation. Shuttle was not there upon our arrival..luckily we were able to quickly find another service. Upon arrival at the hotel they could not have been more apologetic (although technically the service is not provided through them)..we received an immediate upgrade to our room and our shuttle on Sunday to the Cruise port was comped...the hotel itself is very cool...great location as well as great restaurants and bars to pass the time..check out the bar inside..have Ryan make you a "Burning Man" or one of his other secret recipe craft cocktails...again...great boutique hotel...definitely would make a return visit...

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower..9th floor balcony room...overlooked downtown area...no issues
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi AlyKat2011,

Thank you so much for sharing on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay, our lovely hotel and got to meet our stellar bartender, Ryan! We're often told to change the name to "Ryan's Bar". We hope you had a fabulous cruise and can't wait to see you back for hopefully a longer stay!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have to say that I really love this hotel and I would highly recommend it. It is located right in the middle of the downtown area of Fort Lauderdale on Las Olas boulevard...great shops, art galleries, restaurants are just a hop, skip and a jump away. If you are trying to decide whether or not to stay here or on the beach, if you love great restaurants and atmosphere, you will be very happy here.

In fact though, the best thing about this place is the staff. Every last one of them I encountered, were very pleasant and went out of their way to help. One anecdote...I was caught up in the artic freeze in Chicago at the beginning of January. My flight out of Ohare down to Fort Lauderdale was cancelled like every one else and my travel agent also canceled my hotel reservation here. A couple of days later when we tried to rebook my reservation, my travel agent said she was unable to get a reservation here because they were sold out. I was a bit in crisis mode because other coworkers were staying here and it was close to where our meetings were going to be. In any case, on a whim, I called and explain the situation and you know what, over the next couple of days they really worked to get me situated...and they did. Isn't that nice? It was also refreshing to me because these days, unless you are some loyalty club member, it's rare for hotels to make these kinds of accommodation.

Love the lady, who checked me in. Also, you should stop by the hotel bar. The bartender is a really accommodating, cool guy. Finally, they have this quaint little side walk restaurant that you have to check out. The live music show is a blast and the African American guy who sings is multi-talented and a wonderful entertainer. He gave a rousing performance the night I sat there for dinner. It seemed like his repertoire range from R&B, to rock, pop, blues with some trumpet playing thrown in. The diners in the restaurant were on their feet and lots of passers by also stopped transfixed by the show. It was that good and I am not being hyperbolic.

What a great find! I love this place...The only room for improvement I think are the rooms. Mine was quite clean and well kept but I did find that it was a bit dated and is due for a remodel.

That's it. Hope you found this helpful

Ps...beach is about 2 miles away on same street, so you have to drive there.

Room Tip: I got a room in what they called the classic section of the hotel. I noticed there was a tower section. I think the rooms there may be more updated. You should inquire about the tower.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkAnthonyStephens
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Hi mastephen69,

Thank you so much for the incredible feedback on TripAdvisor! We're happy you chose us to stay at and thaw from the cold in Chicago - pictures look scary to us Floridians. All of your feedback was what we actually love about the hotel as well and we've literally never met anyone who didn't love our entertainer Wesley Phillips! We're actually remodeling our furniture and rooms THIS year! We'd love to get your feedback after.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed post cruise with my family.
Large spacious rooms
Beautiful lobby with quality restaurant and bar. We enjoyed dinner , the lively music and breakfast on the sidewalk all at the hotel!
You are also right on Las Olas Blvd, easy to just step outside to shop
The view of the canal was fantastic, I loved watching the boat traffic
Will stay here again

Room Tip: I preferred the canal view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drneblet

Hi Drneblet,

Thank you so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you had such a lovely time and got to enjoy our entertainment, Wesley Phillips! We look forward to your next visit and suggest you try Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed here a few years ago and really enjoyed it so decided to return. Great location, on the riverfront and a 35 minute walk from the beach (we like to do a bit of walking on holiday). las Olas boulevard was beautiful with all the Christmas lights. Had a tower room with a balcony overlooking the boulevard. Room was nice and clean but felt the furniture was getting a bit dated, we had to stuff tissues up the sides of the drawers to keep them constantly opening. Found the staff to be friendly and helpful most of the time. Only one issue was when I couldn't get the vending machine to work and it kept my money, reported it to reception but no-one ever got back to me and I forgot to ask before I left. Found the bar to be lacking atmosphere so only went once. Really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony at night looking out at the lights across Fort Lauderdale. Valet service was fantastic and it was much easier than having to park ourselves. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed here twice in a tower room and preferred the river view to the las olas boulevard view. With the boulevard view we were looking down on the roof of the restaurant next door and there was often a strong smell of cooking when we were sitting on our balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eck567

Hi ECK567,

Thank you for your feedback and we're thrilled you enjoyed the stay/view from your hotel room! We agree about the furniture and we're doing an entire remodel of our rooms THIS year! We're all pretty excited. We hope to see you back after the remodel and get your feedback. We also suggest you try the Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille your next stay.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel is a little gem. We chose it first because of the location. We were leaving on a cruise, which we've done before many times from Lauderdale, but have never stayed in the area. We wanted to know something about Fort Lauderdale and this was perfect. The hotel is situated in the middle of the Los Olas area. Wonderful walking area for shops, art galleries and restaurants. The hotel was lovely. Almost had the feel of New Orleans to it. Very pretty grounds, good restaurants on site, and great outdoor patio where we spent a very nice couple of hours over breakfast people watching.
Our room was very comfortable and the price was right. We would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view and a balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank crazygal10

Hi crazygal10,

We like your name and thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay here and hope you enjoyed your cruise as well! We look forward to your next visit and suggest you try our seafood restaurant, Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille!