“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel and room was clean, the staff friendly and the location perfect for those wanting to explore the Las Olas nightlife or even walk to downtown Fort Lauderdale. The pool area not being directly attached to the hotel is kind of a bummer but since it's on the intracoastal one could say that watching ships go by there makes up for it. I'd recommend people to go, with two reservations. I know that parking needs to be paid for, but I thought the charge was steep. Additionally, my wife and I drove from Hollywood for our one year anniversary. I'd mentioned to the booking agent at the hotel and I, perhaps wrongly, thought they might have put a rose on the bed for us or something else along those lines that was thoughtful and showing some sort of non-strictly transactional touch. Alas there was none of that "extra" care that would have been small but made it a not just a "very good" but an "excellent" stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arivoyager

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel is right in the heart of shopping and restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, which I really enjoyed. However, if you're looking for the beach, it's a good 2 mile walk...which is definitely doable, but just be aware it's a bit of a hike to the beach. The hotel itself has a nice charm. The rooms were fairly nice and spacious. I had a tower room which had a very nice view and had a huge bathroom. I did find some questionable stains on my sheets and requested the bed be changed, after two requests they did finally change the sheets.

The fitness room is super small, but had a couple of treadmills and free weights. The pool area is across the street and a little tricky to find, but adequate. BE warned, happy hour prices are not honored at the pool. There were close to 15-20 people who were tricked by their signage at the pool that referenced happy hour, but made no mention that prices weren't honored in the pool area. My advice to hotel management, take down any reference to happy hour by the pool of you're not honoring those prices.

I'd consider staying here again if I were back in the area. If you do stay, be sure to try the gelato shop across the street, it is amazing!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Riverside Hotel is elegant and very relaxing. The hotel has their pool across the way and it feels like you are going to an Island Paradise. The pool is super sized and is right on the marina where you see the yachts coming through and we got to see the Lady Gayle Marie. We had so much to do on Las Olas from their wonderful pastries and delicious dinners. People watching was lots of fun. Their bar and restaurant was incredible. This hotel has an updated old-time elegance and charm. Loved it.

Room Tip: It was perfect on every level. Nice to pick up a panini at the bakery across the way and kick back...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed the first time for a cruise and liked it, on July 9th we arrived there for a week's stay as we were moving to the area and looking for a place to live. The concierge staff couldn't have been nicer, they helped us with scanning and emailing and the front desk staff were equally as helpful. Our room was quite adequate, our bed was comfortable and I have no negative comments except to say there was music noise late in the evening from a nearby bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had been staying at the Mariott at the corner of US 1 and Commercial (and hating it due to the reconstruction and the value versus the room provided), and a friend who stays here talked me into trying this hotel, although it is further away from my client's office. I aboslutely loved it. From the time I walked in till the time I left, the staff were very friendly and accomodating, they made you feel special. The rooms in the old part of the hotel are nicely laid out,, but are definately "old Florida". My friend, due to his repeated stays, was in the new tower, and the rooms and the baths are bigger and more modern. The hotel bar fronts on the main street, and it is very nice to hang out there in the evening and watch all of the beautiful people go by. The bell captain was very helpful, as was the front desk. The only thing stopping me from giving an excellent is the room was a bit dated, but very comfortable.

Room Tip: try to get an end room, and one away from the housekeeping room, as it gets a bit loud in the mornin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Do not stay in the old section! My room was disgusting! Stained sheets, comforter and bed skirt, what looked like bloody boogers on the wall, half an inch of dust on the bathroom door, rust stains in the tub. The outside dining area staff was awful. There were three people working it at 4pm and maybe four people sitting outside and not one person came up to me to refill my wine glass after it was empty for at least 30 minutes. They all came out to check but never approached me. I had to flag someone down. I won't stay again.

Room Tip: Try the tower if you HAVE to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wifeydifey
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found this Hotel by mistake. The Hotel is hard to find. It is located behind everything. There are a lot of regulars who have been going to this hotel for years. The staff is over and above helpful and nice. The Hotel is in a great location with outstanding restaurants and shopping right outside the lobby door. As I was there, they were putting on a new coat of paint to the outside of the hotel, which was looking good (I am a contractor). My room was located in the original part of the Hotel that has a really small elevator. They have a newer tower that is supposed to be really nice. I didn't really care because I was happy with the room I had. FYI- The hotel was taken advantage of by the painting contractor. He painted the closet doors and bathroom doors with a Flat paint. They should have painted them with a Semi-gloss. The doors will get dirty quickly when touched by people. The downside to the hotel, they charge for self-park and valet. I will definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo