“LoveThisPlace”

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Yes, The Rooms Could Be Nicer,
the Location On las Olas IS Great. Short Taxi Or WateR Taxi To The Beach.v Great Bar Across The Street.. Will Return Very Relaxing. I Believe In Brevity, Not Sure Why This Must Be 200 Characters.

• Stayed: May 2013
Heiko D, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for your tripadvisor of the Riverside Hotel.

We are so thrilled that you loved our hotel. The water taxi stop at our Marina with direct access to the beach is certainly another great amenity we have.

We hope to see you stay with us soon again.

Sunny Regards,

General Manager - Riverside Hotel
Executive Vice President - The Las Olas Company

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great hotel! The room was amazing, the staff was excellent, and the price was reasonable. The hotel sits right on Las Olas Boulevard, among shops and restaurants. About 1.5 miles to the beach. Beautiful pool right on the canal. Sit and sip, and watch the yachts cruise by. Lovely!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sparkertx
Heiko D, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Good Day,
wow...a perfect 5 rating. I am so glad you had such an amazing experience at our hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel wants to be great....unfortunately it's mediocre. The rooms need updating, the carpet needs replaced and the exterior balcony needs some "life". The rooms, although dated and rather dreary ARE clean and the service is good. The street bar could be fun and they have a great happy hour if you can get waited on. There were several customers in the bar during happy hour but only one bartender. At times, we had to fight our way to the bar to stand in line to be served. There also appeared to be quite a few "single" ladies hanging out at the street bar if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nmkev

Good Day,
I really appreciate your comments about your recent stay and I am so glad that you enjoyed our service and location on Las Olas Boulevard.

Next year in the Summer the hotel will undergo a full renovation of all guest rooms and public space.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I spent the weekend celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary and my 50th Birthday. We started out at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas...We were greeted by the friendliest staff! Most amazing was Terry at the front desk, hearing that why we were there, she upgraded us to a beautiful room ! We are return guests at the hotel and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Any room with a balcony is a must!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Heiko D, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Good Day,
First and Foremost - Happy Anniversary. I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of the service that Terri provided you in making this an extra special experience.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

A charming historic hotel beautifully maintained and friendly staffed made our arrival exciting. We were only staying one night meeting our son and girlfriend for a cooking class made this the perfect location. Our reservation was for a king side corner room with a balcony. When we checked it that was not available so the vivacious front desk clerk quickly upgraded us into a suite at no additional charge that had the features we reserved. The room was large and well furnished and the marble bathroom perfect. Everything went smoothly except for the hostess at the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The dining room was 3/4's empty and she refused our request for a booth stating it was reserved. There were at least 5 booths empty and they never filled before we left. She was even pleasant about it. The hotel could do better. Other than that, go. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Located right on Las Olas Blvd, a great place for a girls weekend, couples weekend, or anything else...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Heiko D, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of the friendliness of our staff in general. The corner room in the tower have spectacular views and are one of the more popular rooms.

I do want to apologize in regards to the hostess and her inability to seat you in your desired section. I will certainly review this with my restaurant manager.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

traveling on business I stayed at the Riverside Hotel. While a little challenging to find the entrance to check in and leave the car the valet couldn't have been more helpful! The hotel is located on E.Las Olas Boulevard right in the middle of everything and is well located within walking distance to all the shops on the Boulevard! I stayed on the 3rd floor of the original hotel and it was quiet and clean. Elevators are small but that adds to the charm. Highly recommend staying here to be centrally located.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of our hotel's "Old World Charm". you stayed in the historical section of the hotel, whereas some guests prefer the Tower section, where the rooms are larger in size.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We eagerly purchased 4 tickets for the boat parade at Christmas, paying extra to get a more private deck access with food and drinks. First they told us it would be for only about 150 people. There were more like 300 people there which explains why they ran out of almost everything. The buffet had one line instead of two and you missed half the boats. The drink line was worse. The food ran out so early they had to heat up trays of pasta instead of fancy finger foods we were promised. As a result we hardly ate anything. The restaurant itself might be good (I wouldn't know) but stay away from special events. For over 100 dollars a person we were very disappointed. Would not go back based on that experience. Next time charge 150 or 200 dollars, limit the people to what you promised and make it worthy of going to for a special occasion.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ken W

Good Day,
I want to thank you for the valuable input in regards to the Boat Parade event in December and I have forwarded your comments to our Catering Department.

We will certainly make the changes to improve the experience.