1,903 results
All reviews las olas executive tower indigo restaurant new tower wild sea the cheesecake factory older part oyster bar water taxi old florida charm charming hotel restaurants and shops across the street room was large valet parking room key pre cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2012

...Considering we paid twice as much as a couple of reviewers say they paid, we stayed on a Wednesday night (September 26th). Our flight got in later than expected, so after getting a rental car from SIXT (new to the U.S - but great) we got to the hotel a bit after midnight to find to doors on Las Olas Street locked. After a long, delayed flight, this was the last thing we wanted to see. Long story short, there was another entrance we were not aware of around the back that wasn't locked. Why wouldn't they post a sign on their front door to come around the back??? That's inexcusable to waste are time like that. The room was okay, but smelled a little musty. The elevator was tiny, we barely got ourselves and two bags in for the ride up. Self parking & Valet seemed a bit too pricey for this place (I paid just two dollars more for valet at Loews in South Beach). I give this place a "one" for service just because of the locked front door with no sign to direct us to another entrance.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank newsdog93
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Good Morning,
thank you very much for your review and I feel embarrassed that we did not give you a great experience. I shared your review with the team and we changed that signage to be more clear. I also tasked my Executive Housekeeper to inspect all room in regards to a musty smell that you mentioned. I am happy to report that we found the room and corrected the issue of the broken A/C drain leaking into the room.

Have a great day,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We took a chance on a Hotwire listing for a 3.5 star hotel in the downtown area of Fort Lauderdale and were very lucky to have booked a Saturday night's stay at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. The listed price was an incredible $59!! The hotel is approximately 4 miles from the airport and very easy to get to. Fatima at the front desk was extremely pleasant and accommodating. We asked about upgrading to a Tower room, as many of the TA folks suggested, and we got a 10th floor balcony room with a view of the river for a mere $20. The king-size bed was very comfortable and the view was, indeed, spectacular. We could not only see the waterway but could see clear thru to Port Everglades, so we watched cruise ships embark and disembark right from our balcony! We did not eat or drink at any of the hotel's restaurants or bar but we did take the short walk (a block and a half) to catch the Water Taxi. This is a beautiful and inexpensive way to see Fort Lauderdale!! Keep in mind that to park at the Riverside it is either $23 to valet or $17 to self park in the garage across the street. We did not swim in the pool, which is also across the street, but not too inconvenient at all, but I did sit poolside for a little while in the afternoon and watched the boats and yachts pass by immediately beyond the gate surrounding the pool. All in all, our stay at the Riverside was thoroughly enjoyable and I would recommend this place to anyone and would definitely stay here again! FYI, we stayed in room 1021. Odd numbered rooms face the river.

Room tip: Ask for a Tower room facing the river!
Date of stay: October 2012
3  Thank LucyndaB
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Lucynda,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you received a great value, and we're delighted to hear that your stay in the Executive Tower was such a pleasure. We're really glad that you enjoyed the Riverside experience and thank you for specifically mentioning our front desk staff. We've shared your review with our team and we're all encouraged by your words. Hope to see you on Las Olas again soon.

Warm regards,
Alex Vidal - Media Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here Oct 1-5 and I overall really liked this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommadating. I got this room from Hotwire for $60 per night, so I knew they were going to stick me in the older rooms. The rooms were clean but kind of musty smelling. I had to be switched rooms the second night because twice in one day, in the showers, a huge cockroach came out of the drains. My second room produced no such problem but was still musty. I also was jumpy for the rest of the trip in my rooms and my showers weren't enjoyable because I kept staring down at the drains to make sure nothing came out. They were really apologetic about the situation but I wish they would have offered me something like a free meal or that night free. It's okay though. I loved the location, so much to eat and a quick 7 minute bus ride to the beach, which was beautiful and had so many options to eat, drink, and shop. If I stay here again, I would pay the extra money to be in the new tower rooms.

Room tip: Book new tower rooms!
Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank Mimiboo18

Mimiboo,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We value your opinion and consider your review a gift to us to help us improve our product and service. We're glad to hear that your overall experience was pleasant, and we're extremely sorry to hear about the aforementioned issue. This is something our staff has immediately taken action to prevent this from happening to another guest in our classic rooms. As you mentioned, we think you'll really enjoy the Executive Tower experience during your next stay with us. Hope to see you on Las Olas again soon!

Warm regards,
Alex Vidal - Media Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a lovely, old world hotel located right on Las Olas. I find it to be a very lovely location. The staff are always pleasant and helpful and remember us everytime we are there, even if we do not get back for over a year.

The food is excellent, whether room service, or Indigo. Lovely to hang out on the cafe side of Preston's / Indigo on the Las Olas side in the evening's - try one of the divine martinis'!

All in all, a lovely, safe, traditional hotel with impeccable service and friendly staff.

The location alone is fantastic and it is so convenient for attending boat shows, shopping or just for a weekend of romance!

Room tip: Room in tower overlooking the water are best!
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JMP1992
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Good Afternoon,
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Riverside Hotel and loved our service and quality we provided. I really appreciated your 5 star rating!!!

Come back soon,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm one of those people who always complains about everything but I'll have to say that I couldn't find a single thing to complain about this time. The Staff upon check in was very nice and professional. The room was super clean, the view was great, and when we were going out to eat we decided to take a chance on the restaurant and what a delight. The Sea Bass was as good as it gets. The complimentary glass of wine and desert (crème Brule (sp?)) was excellent. Even the guy singing and playing his trumpet was the best I've heard lately. I would stay here again and recommend this place to all my friends.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Stan M

Good Afternoon,
wow...what a compliment! I just printed out your review and shared it with my entire culinary Team...they were so excited to see your highlights.

Thank you for the 5 star rating.

Have a great day,