1,754 results
All reviewslas olasexecutive towerindigo restaurantnew towerwild seathe cheesecake factoryolder partwater taxioyster barcharming hotelrestaurants and shopsold floridaacross the streethotel barroom was largeparking garageroom key
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Faded glory is what i would use to describe this hotel. living off a name and not quality. Lets just face it, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig. The hotel is just old period! It looks old, smells old and feels old. The parking is way overpriced at 17/night for self parking. The pool is across the street which is very odd and all the chaise lounges are old and sunken in.

Of course I booked through priceline and got a room in the old hotel. The room was a decent size but thats about it. Otherwise the furniture was old and out of style. The room smelled musty and the carpeting was very worn. The bathroom was a flashback to at least the 70's. With completely tiled walls and an old tub with a bad shower head. Honestly I would say these rooms hadn't been remodeled in at least 20 years plus. oh and i also really loved seeing the cockroaches scurrying around the halls. A nice touch!! The air conditioning unit is so loud its like sleeping with a mack truck in your room.

So basically the hotel is rated 3 stars and trust me its barely 2 stars . I wouldn't not return thats for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ericsf
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Eric,

I'm deeply sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests. I have to admit that I am embarrassed by the experience that you had. We consider your feedback a gift, and I've shared it with our team so that we can learn from our mistakes and improve our upon products and services.

I'm happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our front desk staff. Our Executive Tower was built in 2001 so you might enjoy those contemporary rooms more. We hope you'll reconsider giving us another chance to host you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2012

After a lot of researching Fort Lauderdale area hotels, we stayed at the Riverside Hotel the week of Easter for two nights. I was looking for an upscale hotel with a good location as we didn't plan on renting a car during our two night stay. We arrived post-cruise and were delighted our room was ready early. We were concerned about noise during Spring Break, so I chose a room in the older section of the hotel with that in mind. We thought the room was more than adequate with Tommy Bahama decor, quality bed linens, wifi, and room safe. The pool area was nice and shady and located next to the river. You could see the boats going by. We asked the concierge for help with sightseeing and received great recommendations. They also assisted us with arranging transportation to the airport. The water taxi stop is nearby and we had the best time riding that around the Fort Lauderdale area. Las Olas Boulevard, which the hotel is located on, is awesome. Shops, restaurants, cafes, Starbucks, ice cream shops, etc are all within walking distance. We had a great time at the Riverside Hotel and will stay there again next time we are in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Renae,

Thank you so much for your 4/5 rating. We're delighted to hear that your recent recent stay was such a pleasure. We're glad you were able to enjoy all that Las Olas Boulevard has to offer after your cruise and we can't help but agree that our location is "awesome". Your positive comments regarding our helpful staff and relaxing pool area are very appreciated and have been shared with our team. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Cheers, and best travel wishes from all of us in Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Pool tucked along river in heart of FTL. I live near by and this is a great spot. Clean pool, nice shade, quality furniture. Good service and close parking.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tustina
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

tustina,

Thanks so much for your positive review of our Pool Club Membership. Many Fort Lauderdale locals do not know this is something we offer at the Riverside Hotel, so we're glad to hear you've taken advantage of it. Enjoy the relaxing views!

Cheers and warm wishes from all of us!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Have visited Fort Lauderdale many times, usually spending a day or two pre and post cruise. We have stayed at many hotels in the area but decided that we really wanted to try Riverside due to its location right in the heart of Las Olas Blvd. The best part about the hotel is the location, by far it can't be beat. The water taxi stop is a just short walk from the hotel and Las Olas is lined with restaurants, shops and bars so there is plenty to do and see.

The hotel itself has a beautiful lobby and and the girls at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. We had a mix up with one of our room reservations (3 rooms altogether) and they apologized and it was taken care of right away.

When booking the room there are 3 categories to choose from, Traditional, Classic and the Executive Tower. I choose the Classic room for myself and another member of our party did as well. The Classic was a decent choice, very clean and updated with Tommy Bahama furnishings. The room was a bit small but fine for a one night stay, again I was more interested in the location. Another member of our party chose the Traditional style room, these rooms are just that, very "traditional" as in original to the hotel. Very very outdated, dark, dreary, heavy dark wood furnishings with heavy dark floral draperies. Not at all what we expected to see, and not quite what they show on the website. The Traditional rooms are cheaper, and for a reason. It reminded me of staying in grandmas room in the haunted house. It was really awful and walking down that hall of rooms really felt like all of the sudden you were in a different hotel.

None of us stayed in the Executive tower because we didn't feel the need to pay the extra money for it but from my understanding that is the newer more modern part of the hotel.

There is a restaurant on site that had a really nice outdoor patio right on Las Olas but we did not have the chance to eat there, it was always busy and they had great live music at night.

The hotel does not have a shuttle so you need to make your own arrangements to and from the airport or cruise port or the front desk can make a call for you.

All in all this was a decent stay, you just can't beat the location but there are definitely better rooms in Fort Lauderdale, just depends on whats most important to you. If you do stay at the Riverside spend the extra few dollars for the Classic or Executive rooms!

Room Tip: Do not select a "traditional" room, choose classic or something in the executive tower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicotags

nicoscotch,

Thank you so much for your 4/5 rating. We're delighted to hear that your recent 1-night stay was such a pleasure. We're glad you were able to enjoy Las Olas Boulevard before departing on your cruise and we can't help but agree that our location "can't be beat." Your positive comments regarding our helpful staff, clean rooms and great live music are very appreciated and have been shared with our team. We look forward to hosting you again in the future so that you have time to experience all that the Riverside has to offer. Our Executive Tower was built in 2001 so you might enjoy those rooms even more.

Cheers and best travel wishes from all of us!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here for one night prior to a cruise that I had scheduled the next day. I did not have a vehicle to get around in so staying in a location near restaurants and shops within walking distance was key. This hotel is right on Las Olas which is plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops. The location was perfect. The hotel itself was really nice too. The hotel was clean, looked pretty new, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I spent time at the bar and ate breakfast the next morning, both which were good. Drinks are drinks, but breakfast was delicious the morning I had it. I stayed in a beautiful spacious room - the bathroom was actually to die for (the biggest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel). I would definitely stay here again for a day or two if needed. If I was staying in Fort Lauderdale for an extended period of time I'd probably want to be closer to the beach, but for a night or two, this was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverside1936, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Starla,

Thank you so much for your 4/5 rating. We're delighted to hear that your recent 1-night stay was such a pleasure. We're glad you were able to enjoy Las Olas Boulevard before departing on your cruise and we can't help but agree that our "location is perfect". Your positive comments regarding our helpful staff, delicious breakfast, spacious bathrooms and more are very appreciated and have been shared with our team. We hope your cruise was as pleasant as your stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future so that you have time to experience all that the Riverside has to offer.

Until next time,