1,750 results
All reviewslas olasexecutive towerindigo restaurantnew towerwild seathe cheesecake factoryolder partwater taxioyster barcharming hotelrestaurants and shopsold floridaacross the streethotel barroom was largeparking garageroom key
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed here to have a break from the beach. Very nice hotel, great staff and in a nice location.

The large rooms are clean and comfortable with a large bathroom, very comfortable beds and a small balcony, the views are not great but in a city what do you expect. The public areas were very well air conditioned it was a real pleasure to walk in to the cool when it was so hot outside, they are decorated in a very cosy fashion, a bit like a very smart "rustic cabin" type of decor with a huge fireplace (not lit in August!). There was a pianist playing in the evening and some guests were joining in with him to duet and some even singing!

The entertainment on the restaurant and bar terrace at the from of the hotel was excellent, a really great male singer, who knew how to pitch the music just right for his audience- great!

The surrounding shops on Las Olas are interesting, no large chains just small clothes shops and antique shops.

There are numerous restaurants along the road, we had a very bad meal in The Cafe de Paris so ate in the hotel restaurant "indigo" the next night which was fantastic. Breakfast was very nice too. You can sit outside to eat, you are on the roadside, this was actually very good as it was interesting just people watching.

Valet parking ($$)is available and I suggest you use it, we saw the traffic wardens out at midnight ticketing cars parked on the road.

The best bit of this stay was the water taxi. We got a discount voucher from the concierge and walked (5 min) to the water taxi stop. The ticket was $5 each and you can travel all day on the taxis hop-on-hop-off, they go to 10 different stops including restaurants, the beach and hollywood beach. We had a comentary from the crew which was funny and interesting and it saved us $30 each as we were going to take the big boat tour of the area - jungle queen.

If we are ever in the area again we would stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lemans24
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Good Morning "lemans24",
I have to admit that you made my Monday Morning ~ Wow, what a terrific review and so detailed. From the looks of it, you took full advantage of all the things that the Riverside Hotel and Las Olas Boulevard has to offer...and "yes", the Water Taxi experience is a must when visiting us.

I hope to see you soon again.

Have a great week.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale 1 night post cruise. I had won the room with Priceline "name your own price". I was very happy with this hotel. We did end up staying in the old part of the hotel, which was very dated, but That didn't bother us. The pool for this hotel is across the parking lot, and my daughter loved it. The hotel is located on Las Olas Blvd, which is great for shopping and eating. It is also connected to the Cheesecake Factory (Yum, deep fried mac & cheese). The customer service was not great, we asked for a roll away bed, and they said no, because there was already 2 beds in the room (even though the room was huge, and had plenty of room for it), (my daughter ended up sleeping in a chair with footrest, which since she is short, was not a huge deal) and when we needed a cab the next morning for an early flight, the man at the front desk said that he would need to order 2 for us (we fit into 1). I told him that we would prefer 1, and he argued. I would still stay here again, because we liked the hotel and the location, but I would probably try the new section next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed here while on business in September 2011. When I arrived at the hotel from the airport, I had about an hour before my business meeting. The staff did a good job of quickly checking me in and getting my bags to my room so that I made my meeting on time. The tip about getting a room in the executive tower was a good one. Very large room with a good view of the river/waterway and the boats. A safe is provided in the room. The WiFi worked well in the room. They need to upgrade to flat screen TVs. The next morning, i had to catch a flight out. The bill was left under my door, which I am used to and is usually helpful to quickly checkout. However, the bill had a bunch of charges for the mini bar, which I did not use (it has a lock on it and I was never given a key for it). The staff failed to inventory the mini bar after the last guest. I had to take time to call the front desk and then had to make a trip to the front desk, which takes time. On business trips, I generally have to move quickly, as was the case here due to catching an early flight out. They did remove the incorrect charges. Review your bill carefully. Also, I called guest services ahead of time so as to have a taxi waiting, but they failed to call a taxi until I arrived at the front of the hotel with my bags in tow. I allowed enough extra time in case of problems, so I did make my flight. On vacations, I am not in as much of a rush. Business travel is different. If these rough points were improved, I would give a higher rating next time.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

LOCATION: This hotel is located in a very nice area/downtown in Fort Lauderdale. Convenient to shops and cafes; expensive boutiques, fine and casual dining, as well as other sight-seeing amenities... The river runs behind the hotel, but it is not considered a major attraction nor is accessible from the hotel property, just barely appreciated from patio/open area behind the hotel, next to the parking garage... The river walk is nearby, but you need to walk a few blocks to get there. Once there you can walk (just that, mostly walk!) along it for about a mile or so, and admire the beautiful mansions and yachts located on both sides. All you'll find along the river walk will be access to some of the downtown buildings, which include hotels, residential high-rises, and the 3D theatre and museum, and a small park almost at the end of the trail...there is also a restaurant/Irish pub along the way, and a tropical fruits smoothie stand, and that's it!
HOTEL: Very nice lobby, an attentive and curteous staff, esplendid restaurant and bar overlooking the street with outside seating and live Jass music during the evenings. Classic and elegant decor, along with a piano man next to the lobby bar each evening...everything is so nice and elegant in and around the lobby area; but that's it! Starting from the elevator, it's very small that it can probably fit 3 people at the most. Yes, there is another larger one that will fit maybe 5 people, but 3 at the most if they are carrying a piece of luggage each! We reserved the "traditional" rooms, and in deed were they traditional...If you dicide to stay at this place, please adjust your thinking that traditional or classical is always larger; it's the complete opposite at this hotel! Our room was just big enough to accomodate two people carrying mayme just enough items for a couple of nights there...very small room with barely enough room to walk around the bed...old type TV, small bathroom, litttle bathtub, stand alone bath sink, one towel bar, small closet, small coffe table/cabinet for little coffee maker and ice bucket, small desk with one chair... just one chair in entire room; you need to seat other people on the bed! also, old fashioned TV armoire; careful, I crushed head-on with it when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!!! Of, course you can pay extra for a larger room or an executive suite; I would not be able to know how spacious they are since I did not see them... However, my point is that beeing used to all the ammenities that come with the payment for a typical hotel room are not there anymore; this seems to be a trend throughtout Florida, I think... You will be charged a "self-parking" fee or a "valet" fee, per night if you bring a car, and you better rent a small car too; please be ware the online sites do not always tell you about these extra fees! You will also have to pay extra for a safe, a microwave (remember, no leftovers from that good cafe where you had to order the biggest plate they had!), a fridge, etc...
Again, nice hotel (lobby), great location and a friendly-professional staff!

Room Tip: Book in advance, and get all the specifics/details of the room requests in writing!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ozkar-F
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Dear "Oscar F",
wow...I loved your review and it is a very detailed. You stayed in the hostoric section of the hotel, which was built 75 year ago. Maybe your next stay you try our executive tower units which are larger in size.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you're looking for a classic hotel in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, you will enjoy the Riverside. The old-style lobby and large rooms are s step above the average mid-level chain hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Good Afternoon "MeantToBe521",
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. The Riverside Hotel is one of the few hotels that still has an old-florida charm to it and loved by many. I am glad that my staff took good care of you during your stay and I hope to see you soon again in the near future.

Have a nice Sunday Evening,