“Great Pizza, Food & Service”
Review of Franco & Vinny's

Franco & Vinny's
Ranked #37 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Just go, best Italian food in Florida. Real NY pizza, no slices. Service is great. Always a stop when I am in Ft Lauderdale.

There are newer reviews for Franco & Vinny's

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We ate here while staying at the nearby Hilton Beach Resort based on recommendations while reading TA reviews for the hotel. We were not disappointed - great italian food! Best spaghetti ever - all four of us ordered it, with different sauces..... Bread with dinner was also amazing. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

As a tourist, you are always looking for the best food. Typically you will find the best food where the locals are. Now, if you are staying on the beach it is very hard to find these local joints, but a quick left on Sunrise and there sits Franco and Vinny's.

SERVICE: When I look for service in a restaurant I really look for two things; Speed and Attitude. Franco and Vinny's as very quick and friendly service, so naturally they get a average rating. However when the waitress actually took her time to ask how our day was, I bumped the rating up to VERY GOOD.

FOOD: If you eat here get the Spaghetti, and try some of the best you will every have. If you know me, you know that I don't give that many excellent rating however the food at Franco and Vinny's truly deserves excellence.

VALUE: It is expensive however like in most Italian restaurants there are big portions. But due to the price it receives an average rating from me.

ATMOSPHERE: Overall the atmosphere clearly states local joint. For that reason alone I will give it a very good rating.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone look for the best Italian food in the Fort Lauderdale area.

"Have a question, always feel free to ask me about it. I am here to help"!
-BJ

1  Thank Ben J
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had walked by this place a number of times heading to the beach from our hotel. It looked a little a Shaky's pizza parlor to me and I had no interest in exploring further. However one night I just didn't want to venture too far and I gave this place a try - I was happy I did. I learned, "don't judge a book by it's cover"!
When I arrived I saw a wall filled with celebrities who have eaten here, so it must be good! Right?
I was seated in the back of the restaurant and I had the BEST waitress ever. Her name was Penelope and she was as cute as a button! She was charming, she had just the right amount of gab in her, without being annoying, just welcoming and friendly.
I ordered the calamari and she gave a tip NOT to get it friend, but grilled. I was happy I took her advise - it was amazing. It is something I would come back here just to get again. Delicious! I had pasta and clams for an entree, which were good, but paled in comparison to the amazing calamari. I thought the pasta had a little too much olive oil and richness for my taste, although there were plenty of clams in it!
I had a great dinner, wonderful service and next winter I will put Franco and Vinny's on my list of places to visit. I hope Penelope is still there and I for sure will try the grilled calamari again!
This is a place you will want to come back to, again and again!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Found the place near our hotel by tripadvisor. Food was great: we had pizza, lasagna, ravioli, spaghetti with meatballs. Fantastic! Came back next day as a couple and had spaghetti with mussels, calamari, clamps and grilled lobster tail, it was the best seafood we had had ever! Staff was friendly and although the place was full of people, we got excellent service both times. Will definitely go back when in this area!

1  Thank Satu K