“Spring break hangout...all year long”

The Gallery at Beach Place
More attraction details
Owner description: Three level entertainment/shopping complex.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's filled with bar/restaurants...touristy. Lots of drunk people left over from happy hour. The later it gets, the quitter it gets. It's insane at 5:00 until 8:00 and then dies down a little. I wouldn't want to be staying in a hotel right on this block. Riff Raff hanging out everywhere and very loud!

1  Thank weekendrunaway

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Before or After the beach this is the place to go, it's a small mini mall with 4 floors, there is everything here to enjoy your beach day plus new rest rooms. Restaurants a ton of them from Hooters just to name a few. There is also parking in the same complex, I always take the trolley can't beat it for 50 cents.

1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed nearby and would walk down to go to CVS almost on a daily basis (well stocked store). Didn't use the parking structure but understand that it was expensive and sort of a trap. Overall there wasn't much to attract us to this establishment, a few restaurant bars, an investment company on the 3rd level and about a 30% vacancy. It may be more of a seasonal place, hopping in the summer and gets not so exciting in the fall months. The biggest drawback was the guys at the 'Information' kiosk that always wanted to sell you a timeshare or other nonsense at one of the entrances. Everyday was, "Hello where are you from" none of your business again and again. The owners would do good to get rid of the in-your-face sales people, I'm here to vacation and that's it.

3  Thank NativeKentuckian
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Beach Place Gallery is an open-air shopping & entertainment complex located on Highway A1A in Ft. Lauderdale. We enjoyed the Sonic Restaurant, the only one I've ever seen that has a liquor license. They serve up a blue coconut slushie concoction that was the perfect thing to drink, while you look out at the ocean from a 2nd floor perch. The CVS pharmacy was invaluable to us. They are open 24hrs., have a wide variety of snacks, drinks, souvenirs,etc., and price everything very fairly. Sometimes there are live entertainers playing music in the courtyard area, and most of those musicians were pretty talented. The Marriott Beach Place Towers timeshare is part of the complex. The Hotel and Gallery share a common parking garage, and the layout can be very confusing when you first arrive, so try to be patient. It starts to make sense after a while. All in all, a fun, relaxed, and convenient complex that meets the needs of a visitor very well.

1  Thank Gregg M
Reviewed October 7, 2012

BeachPlace in and of itself includes shops, restaurants, with an Marriott Timeshare/hotel - Marriott's Beach Place Towers attached. The main parking facility is operated by Standard Parking Company. Beware that Standard Parking Company posts a sign on the street showing $3.00 for the first hour. When you pull into the garage you have to look up above the ticket machine to see the full disclosure of parking rates. If you are driving a lower clearance vehicle this sign may be difficult to see. The end result $25 for for 6 hours. I realize the responsibility is on me to understand the full rates of the parking facility. However, rates should clearly be posted at the curb, as you have to drive down a chute, which if there are people behind you you are unable to back out even if you do see the prices above the ticket machine. It is almost like once you are in, you are in. Again, my responsibility to understand the pricing. However, I feel the operator of the business should disclose full pricing on the very large sign at the curb which only states $3.00 for the first hour. When I contacted Standard Parking, I was told that it was at the managements descretion on how they posted thier parking rates for the consumer. I was also advised that I could have turned around at the point of entry. Which is true. I have parked at beach place on numerous occassions as I am a resident of Ft. Lauderdale. I just realized that this facility must have recently changed management contracts and I believe was formerly operated by USA Parking Systems and not Standard Parking Systems which previously had reasonable rates and full discloure of rates - there was no guess work with USA Parking Systems. Please note that during my telephone conversation with Standard Parking - when questioning where rates are posted and when I again asked why they would not make the fees known on the sign at street level the agent terminated the conversation by hanging up me and would not answer the phone when I attempted to call back several times. I made this call during the early evening hours of Saturday, October 6th, 2012 The fees associated with parking at this facility under Standard Parking systems would probably explain why there is little activity at the shops and restaurants at beach place. Except when there is an event or something else driving parking demand. If I were a business owner or operator at Beach Place I would be questioning Standard Parking's methods of communicating parking fees to the consumer. Another person in our party also paid $12.00 for about 3 hours on an off peak day with no demand for parking. She did not see the full parking rates either. Before you pull into this garage, don't be taken in by the sign at the street. Even if you have to stop and hold up traffic into the garage chute speak to the attendant or look for the sign showing what you will be paying so you understand what in fact you will be paying beyond that first $3.00 hour. NOTE THE GARAGE AT LAS OLAS BEACH CLUB DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM STANDARD PARKING FACILTIY POSTS A FLAT RATE FOR THE DAY. Thanks.

13  Thank David H