“WAR HORSE - OUTSTANDING”

Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.54*
and up
Fort Lauderdale Segway Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Musical and theater productions, including touring Broadway shows, take the stage here.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just one of the many marvelous productions we have enjoyed at this premier artistic venue.
Not a bad seat in the house.

All reviews
in 46 reviews
"stage"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had great seats so we could see and hear very easily. Unfortunately we parked in the garage which due to the fact that there were 2 shows was a cluster. We were trapped in traffic for an hour just trying to get out of the garage. I would think they could either schedule back to back shows better or manage to have personnel facilitating traffic flow.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Florida Grand Opera and Broadway road shows play here.
Having been in many opera houses around the world, I was surprised to find such an uncompromising theater in Ft Lauderdale.
It is most attractive for a modern theater, with a nod to old Florida ambiance.
The acoustics are quite good for a large modern hall.
The smaller theater is very intimate, and if anything, too small.
Beautifully sited above the river and easy parking.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Never book tickets through them. You would think that an organization like this would encourage patrons to see their shows, and return to see more. Broward Center for the Performing Arts seems to have no interest in that. It's appalling. They are thieves. I booked 2 tickets through them on the same day as a performance and showed up for will call an hour before the show only to be told by their representatives that there was no show scheduled that day. After 1.5 hours of asking around and arguing with various people supposedly working for their information service, my friend and I finally went home. I tried calling and e-mailing them for weeks to request either a refund, or to transfer the tickets to a different date when the show was actually showing. When I finally got through I was told that the show was no longer on their schedule, and that I could therefore not receive a refund or credit for another show. They took zero responsibility for the faulty information provided by their staff members, failure to respond to multiple e-mails or the inadequate phone system that disconnected me on multiple occasions. I paid $40, was told their was no show and when I called to find out when/if I could ever see this show, I was basically told "it's your word against ours." I am in shock. According to my e-mail provider the e-mails were delivered without a problem, and regardless what happened to the "customer is always right"? They showed complete lack of interest to resolve the matter and just amused that they could take my money and not have to provide me with anything other than terrible customer service in return. I cannot believe they are permitted to run their business this way. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.