Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $23.95
from $142.00
from $32.99
1,004 results
All reviews imax theater interactive exhibits all ages rainy day hands on activities live animals otter exhibit great for kids older kids baby alligators year olds great place to visit few hours fish across the street airboat ride lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2019

We spent over 2 hours at the museum and I don't think we took everything in. Was with my son and 4 year old grand daughter. Several hands on exhibits indoors and out. Great otter exhibit and ride simulators. I asked my granddaughter what she liked best and she said everything. I agree.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

It was a rainy day in Ft Lauderdale and we decided to check out the Museum of Discovery and Science. We started off in their amazing 3D theater and learned about the Great Barrier Reef. It was a great show!
The first level we enjoyed the otter area and the small aquarium area they had. I would skip the airboat simulator as this is not an information session- just a bouncy ride with metal benches and sub par graphics.
My kids aged 6, 8 and 9 were too old for the kids area that had foam building and climbing structures on the first level. It would’ve been nice to have an area like this for kids a bit older with still a lot of energy to play.
Upstairs we loved the 7D simulator with the toy car and jet plane. We also loved the keva sticks and played in that area for probably almost an hour. I just marveled all of the creations! We built one of our own and did a slow-mo vid of knocking it down. It was so fun!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Visiting from North Dakota. We always like to see IMAX movies when visiting large cities. We saw Great Bear Rain Forest and Great Barrier Reef. Both were in 3D and fantastic. Appreciate the military discount.

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Our boys (6 & 8) spent a half day exploring here. Didn’t get to see everything but it kept them interested!

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We took a 10-year-old and a 13-year-old here and they had a blast and so did we! There are so many interactive exhibits that are hands-on and get the kids to try different things I just wish the kids spent more time reading about what they were doing instead of jumping into the activity. It would’ve been nice if there were more volunteers to help lead the kids and explain what was going on, but the activities were excellent just the same.

Don’t forget to try the outdoor activities as well. They were a blast.