All reviews the property manager boutique hotel heated pool coffee making facilities provide beach chairs beach towels beautiful ft full kitchen within walking distance great place to stay bed was very comfortable short walk to the beach quiet area no elevator longer stay would definitely stay here again location was perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Always looking for a cute boutique hotel. This place is privately run but the owner Jillian who is an absolute doll. Very clean and only one block from the beach. Very happy we stayed there, would absolutely recommend

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2018

In my usual fashion, I spent a lot of time searching for a hotel, hoping to find the perfect one for us, and fortunately I did just that!! It didn't matter than we were only going to be in Ft. Lauderdale for one day/night prior to our cruise out of the port, I still wanted all of the same things I would have looked for in a longer stay; location to the port, location to the beach, a decent size room, cleanliness, and a reasonable price. Wow did I luck out!

If you are the type that likes to stay in a big hotel, on the main drag, with all the bells and whistles imaginable including a choice of a restaurant or bar or both, then this hotel is not for you. If you're like me, prefer a more small, boutique hotel, with little fanfare or hype, then this is you kind of place.

Once I pulled the trigger and made the reservation, within minutes I received a message from Jillian, whom I thought might be the owner, but later we found out she is the Manager. I bring up this point only to stress that Jillian was a total gem and was so special, she added significantly to our overall positive experience. And if you ever have the pleasure of meeting Jillian, you will find for yourself that she is completely and totally invested in the hotel, and loves it as if it were her own. She'll treat you like she's known you forever and give you a tour of other rooms in the hopes you'll come back. She was eccentric, and fashionable and really kind of magical in a way LOL...I can't say more positive things about her.

In reading through reviews, there were a few that were pretty harsh with regard to arriving at the hotel after office hours, so know that when we arrived after office hours to find an envelope with our names on it on the office door, and others too, it was fully expected, and I did not have any problem with it at all. What could have possibly happened, someone could have taken the keys and the room and we'd be out of luck? I don't think so. And if only 1 would have been in the envelope instead of 2, I wouldn't have been stupid enough to go in the room anyway. So enough on that subject.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, exactly where I'd hoped it would be. When we walked in, it was bright and clean and spacious with lots of windows...all that we needed for our little overnight stay. From the window in our room, I could see up the street to the end, where it dead ended into the ocean...perfect. Although the hotel sits on a corner, it is based above ground level, and with a privacy fence all around, if we had wanted to jump in the cute little pool, we certainly would have without feeling a bit exposed.

If you want to go into town for nightlife, you'll have to take an uber. But if you're up for walking, like we were, there's all sorts of choices in food and drink that are not super far from the hotel. I can't remember the name of the hotel that is up the street on the left side, but the breakfast we had at the restaurant was the best I'd ever had in my life...photo of the view from the restaurant is attached.

Go, enjoy, meet Jillian and have a great time...beach chairs and sand toys for the kids included!

Room tip: Suites are ground level, singles are top level. There are some 2 room suites and rooms that connect for families or groups.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2018

The two most important things for me in a hotel are cleanliness and comfort. Sibi Beach Hotel is both! Staff were always checking to make sure everything was ok. The beach is only a block away. The pool was refreshing and clean. As you might expect you do not get all the amenities you get with a resort hotel, but for me, it was perfect. I cannot speak to how quickly problems were handled because lucky for me, I did not have any. My only issue - and it is with all hotels everywhere, chain hotels, individual hotels etc., is that they do not have something for guests to use for recycling. Especially plastic bottles, but also newspaper etc. Friends were staying at the Hilton Resort on the beach and they did not have anything either. I put this at the end of every review hoping that someday that changes. I have to finish with this though, I loved my stay at Sibi Beach Hotel and would recommend it to others!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Jill R, General Manager at Sibi Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Hi Dee.

Thank you for the wonderful review.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything and we met your expectations and became part of your memories.
In regards to recycling, we as hotel operators are working closely with the city to solve this issue.
As with our love of our guests, our love and care of our planet is equally important and I appreciate you taking the time to note that in your review.
I truly hope we are able to host you again and thank you again for the wonderful review.

Best wishes,

Jillian

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I found this charming property through booking.com ( I have another review on there as well) and I'm glad I chose to stay here over all of the options in Fort Lauderdale. The first impression is the lady who runs this place, for all intents and purposes lets call her " Wonderwoman" but her real name is Jillian. She is the meat and potatoes of this place, imo, she is one of the most warm, sincere and genuine people I have ever met. She takes her roll seriously, and goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is a welcoming one. I could write a book about her alone, because she is truly the cats pajamas, but lets get on to the review.

So, this property is like a boutique style, with rooms being accessible from outside, so not your typical hotel with hallways and elevators. It is literally a home away from home, and unless you live on a beach that is really the only difference. I'm quite sure each suite is equipped with a full functioning kitchen, stove, fridge, toaster oven vs microwave ( thumbs up for that touch!!) a dining area, a sofa bed, the main bed was a queen or king, either way quite large, beach towels, a desk, and my suite had a stand-up shower only, there was also a fan and the window in the bathroom opens for extra ventilation if needed. The rooms have a key pad to open the doors, so no worrying about losing your key card. There is also a safe in the closet, which to me personally is a deal breaker/maker, everyone needs to know their passport can be locked away, am I right? Oh, and a small ironing board and iron, and extra blankets and pillows if needed in the closet as well.

There is a pool in the front of the hotel, I didn't use it, but I'm guessing its heated, there were lounge chairs and pool toys for kids to use. It looked like the deepest part from what I saw was 5ft so great safety aspect. There are also chairs and umbrellas in the pool area for guests to borrow to take to the beach.

A note about the beach***** It is literally at the end of the street, 2 mins walk, and there are personnel stationed at various points for chair rentals. The lounge chair alone is $15, if you want umbrella, its $20, and the rental times are from 9-5 only. I myself, rented a lounge chair only, because you can borrow an umbrella from the hotel. Just keep in mind if you want to stay later than 5pm, unless you bring another chair, the guy will have to take back from you because that's when they lock them up for the day.

So, there is no café or lounge on the property, but there are tons of places to eat, within walking distance. What I did, was take a taxi to the local Publix and get some staples to have in the room, like bottled water and snacks, again there is a kitchen, so its nice to know you can prepare your own stuff or dine out, nice to have the option :)

Ok, for all the java peeps lol, I need my morning coffee, so there is a coffee maker in the room, the only thing you would need if you don't like coffee whitener is cream other than that, sugar and everything there. For those who want more selection there is a Starbucks within few mins walk. Ok, so walk up Bayshore to the main road with the beach, A1A hwy, turn right, keep going on the sidewalk till you see a fork in the road, then vere left, so you want to be closer to the beach, its on the right hand side of the road, in the Westin hotel, you will see the logo. There is also a little shopping plaza there with a CVS pharmacy. OmG, this store has everything. I did all my souvenir shopping there, you'll see what I mean, there is also beer and wine there too and since you have a fridge, stock up if you choose.

I ate out at a different place every night, and I was never disappointed. The food and drinks in general are amazing. If you don't want to walk far, right on the corner of Bayshore and A1A there are 2 Mexican restos and a steakhouse, very convenient. Oh, and in the small plaza I mentioned, there is a breakfast place where I went, its to go, but there is seating outside, and if you don't want to cook, (like myself lol) they make it fresh there, I got a egg and cheese on a croissant, was delicious :)

I was very taken with Fort Lauderdale, its charming and everyone was polite and courteous. I will definitely go back, and stay at Sibi. It's really lovely. Having a person like Jillian running the place, makes you want to make that your go to place when visiting FLL. I do a lot of travelling, and have uploaded quite a few reviews from different places. This was my experience, and while we all travel for personal reasons, I can tell in an instant when a review is just someone having a bad day, or they are giving the straight goods, I don't sugar coat, so, if there is or was something really off, I would tell you, I have no qualms with that. I hope you decide to make Sibi part of your travel plans, you wont be disappointed. Cheers!! :))

Room tip: So, I'm not sure how many suites there are at Sibi, I was on the 2nd floor, and I saw 1 more floor above me.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Paula P
Jill R, General Manager at Sibi Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

My goodness Paula,

There are literally no words to thank you for such an remarkable review.

Are you available to be our new Marketing Director?? :)

Your kindness and full willingness to share your experience is extraordinary. Tim and I, as you know, loved meeting you and spending time with you.

It is guests like you, that when we opened the hotel, we thought how wonderful it would be to have our guests love Sibi as much as we do and you and our other amazing guests, have made our wish come true.

I know you are returning in December and I cannot wait to see you again and thank you in person!!

There are no words to thank you properly, so from all of us at Sibi we are so grateful that you are literally now part of the Sibi Family.

Jill

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We were so delighted with this property. Rooms were new, clean and spacious. Beach chairs available made a difference and the shower, wow made me feel like home. One of the best places I stayed recently. Jimmy was very kind guiding me into the property and all details they took care of. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lisana P
Jill R, General Manager at Sibi Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you so much Lisana for the lovely review.

We were thrilled to host you and so very happy you enjoyed everything.

Please come back and see us again and we wish you a healthy and happy end to 2018

Jillian