My wife and I had an afternoon flight into Ft. Lauderdale. We were headed for the lower keys. I decided that I did not want to drive all the way in one shot. Florida City looked like a good alternative for an overnight stay. I was either going to stay at the Best Western or the Travel lodge across the street. Since the Best Western was on our side of Route 1 as you head south that was our choice. The entrance off of Route 1 is tricky. You need to slow down when you see the sign, get in the right lane, and get your directional on lest you get rear ended by the cars behind you. You cannot see the hotel from the road as it is set back pretty far from the road. Check in was a little slow as there were people ahead of us and there was only one person working the desk. We got a room on the 2nd floor facing the pool. This is nicer than a room facing the parking lot in my opinion. It was nice to see that the pool was being used by the younger set. The room itself was perfectly adequate. For whatever reason the wifi signal did not reach our room. You needed to go to the lobby area to pick it up. The bed was comfortable and we got a good nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was a good one. They had scrambled eggs and plenty of bacon. The lady taking care of the buffet works very hard. As soon as things need to be refreshed they were. We walked to the nearby seafood restaurant for dinner. Check out did take on the long side however. They do need to improve it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Gateway To The Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western