We stayed here two nights in Nov while visiting the Everglades.
The room was a good size and clean. The hotel presented itself well...with a bright and clean lobby and nicely manicured grounds. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area looked nice but it was too cold to use during our visit. We didn't stay for any breakfasts as we were out early each morning.
The beds were not very comfortable- nor were the pillows. Wi fi did not work in the room- but would work in the lobby or at the pool area.
We did not feel comfortable driving around at night in the towns surrounding the hotel. ( Homestead and Florida City). The hotel itself however, was well lit and felt safe.
There is not much near the hotel- although we did find a Starbucks and Walgreens very close by.
Overall, It was a good base for exploring this side of the Everglades and there aren't too many other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Gateway To The Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western