We stayed 4 days in December. We were surprised at how low the price was for such a nice hotel. The hotel is beautifully kept, comfortable, and has very friendly staff. The breakfast is comprehensive and delicious. The rooms are great, and they allow you to fill out a card about how much cleaning you want each day--so that you can say just empty trash and refresh towels but don't bother to change sheets (if that's what you prefer) or you can get full service for the room. There is a lovely courtyard and pool area. Free washing machine and dryer!! I don't think there are any hotels closer to the Everglades. The hotel is also situated on a road that goes straight to the Florida Keys. Restaurant choices in Florida City/Homestead are somewhat limited. I would not recommend the seafood restaurant that is walking distance from the hotel. But there is a superb Mexican restaurant, Rosita's, just a few blocks away. Atmosphere funky, but food home cooked and delicious. We also ate at a Cuban restaurant in Homestead, Mario's, that was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western