If you are planning a day trip to Key West, this is a good place to stay. It's as close to the Keys as you can get and still be on the mainland. The drive to Key West took about 3 hours from here so you can easily make it there and back in one day and have several hours to see Key West.
Our room was very nice. We typically want an upper floor room, but had a 1st floor room due to no elevators. Center courtyard was very nice and the breakfast was excellent (cannot take food back to room) with eggs, french toast, bacon, and the usual assorted breads, cakes and cereal.
Overall a bit pricy, but cheaper than staying on the Keys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Gateway To The Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western