“Expensive but ...”

Baymont Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The rate was high, but the bed was so comfy! I felt swindled but I promise the bed made up for it. the Shoney's was close by, the Wal-Mart was close by, and the highway was close by too. Good enough for a weekend! OOh and the room was on the inside so I felt safe not like some random person could come knock on my door and kill me especially because I was travelling solo, and there was a nice window so I could see my car and that made me happy too. I just wish the room wasn't so expensive it's really worth about 89.99 a night vs the 120.00 I paid. But again THE BED WAS SPECTACULAR I ACTUALLY OVER SLEPT IT WAS SO COMFY.

Room Tip: the room was clean and comfy and I felt totally SAFE because the room was inside the building and no...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were clean. Night manager was very helpful. Kind of interesting trying to get into the entrance from the north, especially at night. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting.

We got our money's worth.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I got what I expected for $62.99. It was clean, and great for a 1 night stay. We didn't use the pool, but it looked pretty good as well. The breakfast didn't look that great, but we were kind of late. It was a typical, cheap, continental breakfast. There are a ton of restaurant options in the area. There is also an outlet mall nearby with Nike, Coach, and more. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brett B
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went to this hotel for mother's day, I went inside to check in with my dad and Patel the general manager was at the counter, he ask me for a credit card, I told him that I was going to pay cash. I work for the same hotel chain and he told me that if I was sure that I work for the chains hotel and if that was the case I didn't know what I was doing, he told me that I was cheap and if I was not happy staying there, he will refund my money, I didn't want it argue with him, I asked him and how there suites are, he replied better than your money, my dad and I didn't want it stay there after the way I was treated, after couple of minutes I returned to the front desk and I told him that I was to take his word for it and I want it my money back, he said to bad you ain't get in it. One's again I didn't want it argue with him I left the room keys on top of the counter and walked out, thinking if I called the company that I work with, I'll get my money back, they called the hotel directly and Patel lied to them saying that I was not get in my money back because I tried to check in with more people that was originally in the reservation

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ecuaquito
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Clean, nice facilities, comfortable, great breakfast, great location, great staff!! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the very back row, which was the quietest, and they had picnic tables right outside so...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is acceptable hotel - clean, renovated, nice staff. Location is fine - there are Walmart and Premium Outlets next to the hotel. The only inconvinience is the breakfast time -till 9 am, definitely too early, and the price could be lower.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We needed a basic motel/ hotel for our day trips to the Everglades. We booked two nights initially but ended up staying 4 nights. The staff were always helpful. The place was pretty spotlessly clean in the common areas and bedroom. The room was fine- spacious with plenty of room for all our luggage and a full sized cotbed. The decor in the hotel lets it down and in particular the carpets- so old fashioned and worn. The breakfast was fine - nothing special although we did love the fresh waffles. The wifi Internet was great quality in both the room and common areas - a great test is to make a Skype call and if there is any bandwidth problems, then the calls tend to break up. I am pleased to say that all my Skype calls worked a treat and email/ Internet use was fine. There was a washing machine and dryer on site which we found v useful. The outside pool looked really nice, although the hotel is next to major arterial roads, so it's never going to be relaxing out there. Facilities nearby such as restaurants, shops and supermarket all good. Also a good location to head out to the Everglades from, hence why we were happy to stay longer.

Stayed: March 2012
#6 of 12 in Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#5 of 14 in Homestead

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!