“What a Dump”

Knights Inn Florida City
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Florida City
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Booked through Hotwire who should be responsible for doing due diligence on the suitability of hotels they represent as they do not reveal the name of the hotel until after you have been charged. They are totally irresponsible with this property.
This place deserves no stars at all, yet Howire has it listed as two stars - equivalent to La Quinta etc. Its dirty, mouldy, hasn't seen paint in years, carpet stained, cigarette burns all over the place in a non-smoking room, and it stinks, literally.
Very disappointed in accomodations and even more with Hotwire.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank District_chief

Reviewed February 17, 2009

The room was reasonably clean, the internet worked, not much else to say. the breakfast was a 1 or 2 out of 10, better than donuts and cold coffee, but not much better.
Pay $5 more and stay at a better place, you will feel better.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Got cheap walk in rate.

You get what you pay for. Yes it is not luxury and the room smells a bit on the musty side. Could also do with a major refurb. There was a fridge, but no hairdryer.

Was a bit suspect on the cleanliness front, but clean enough for me to stay just the one night.

Would I return? - probably not, but I've stayed in worse places.

If you can get a cheap rate, and are not too squeamish - take the chance.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ostan14
Reviewed December 1, 2008

This is the most dirty and disgusting hotel I have ever walked in! The front office had a very disgusting odor, that should have been my warning. The man behind the counter barely spoke English and was not very friendly. Once we arrived at the room, which we had to find on our own with no directions, I was disgusted. The bath tub was black with dirt and had a few dead bugs laying in it. The toilet had stains from who knows what?!? The sheets had cigarette holes burned in them and when I pulled back the covers a roach ran out and took off under the bed! I have never seen such a disgusting place, I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. We went back to the office to explain the situation in the room where we had to argue for a refund. They wanted to give us another dirty room! The man said "no refunds, tough luck." We had to tell him that if he did not refund our money we would contact the credit card company and have them stop payment and dispute the charge. He finally gave in and returned our money. We had paid a little over $500.00 for a three night stay in the disgrace of a hotel. Worst experience I have ever had with any hotel. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Nothing good to be said, except 'maybe' the rate, but would've been worth the $20 more at nearby place...heck, would've been worth double what I paid at Knight's Inn! At time I was just getting out of military and money was tight so figured 'how bad could it be'. Well, it's easily one of worst I've ever stayed at...and that's saying something because I'm always looking for a deal so have stayed in plenty of nasty places. The sheets had pubic hair in them and on the pillows, nasty water, disgusting tub, moldy floors, etc. The Knight's Inn made me feel gross. Not much can describe how bad it was.

• Stayed: January 2003, traveled with family
1  Thank bondrey
Reviewed April 22, 2007

my car broke down on the way to the keys. My 6 year old was with so, I decided to just get a room for the night and deal with the car later. The staff is extemely rude. My 6 year old found a crack pipe in the extremely dirty microwave. When i went to complain and ask for my money back I was told there are no refunds. I called the police and filed a report concerning the crack pipe and will also file a report with my credit card company. Unless you're into drugs DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank headwench
Reviewed February 28, 2007

Room was in such a state! The airconditioning unit looks like it has not been cleaned for ages. There were holes on the walls. The carpet and toilet is filthy. The beddings looked like it has not been changed. When we complained about the condition of the room, we were told it's because we availed of their ads re: discount on Traveller's Guide. And it was just $5.00 off! We have to buy cheap bed sheet from WalMart just so we can crash for the night as we are not comfortable using theirs. We did not turn the Aircondition on, in fear off inhaling bacterias that might have resided in there. We decided to check out first thing in the morning and ask for our payment to be refunded. The worst hotel ever. We are surprised that such hotel is still in operation. It should fail Health and Safety Standards inspection!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
#8 of 13 in Homestead
Best Western Gateway To The Keys
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
Home2 Suites by Hilton Florida City

Been to Knights Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!