“Worst place ever” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
“Worst place ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Dirty sheats, Swarms of bees that was trying to come to through the vent at the bathroom and lots of ants ont the floor. You get what you pay for and 19 bucks a night will certainly not get you anything fancy but you expect something more then this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Hannes R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Escanaba, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

this had to be the dirtyist motel I evev stayed at...filthy from the door to the bathroom..,carpet was stained..not a clean spot anywhere...sheets were stained...slept on top of covers...I even passed on the shower...filth...do not stay here...should have slept in the car,...save your money

Room Tip: .warning......DO NOT STAY.......warning......
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kleiker55
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here for a night before driving out to Key West. I asked to see a room before I paid for it, and it seemed fine at first glance. Relatively clean. No bed bugs. After I moved all my stuff in for the night and started getting settled, I noticed something reddish sticking out of the plastic grid covering the florescent light over the bathroom sink.

Oh, I wish I had not looked closer. I really do.

It was the butt of a dead cockroach sticking through the holes in the grid. Then I scanned the rest of the light covering and saw two more dead cockroaches.

And you know what dead cockroaches means: There are live cockroaches nearby.

After that, everytime I walked near the bathroom sink, I peered up to make sure there weren't any live cockroaches peering down at me.

I fell asleep trying not to think about cockroaches crawling all over my belongings.

The next day, I went into the lobby to get some free breakfast. A woman emerged from the back room behind the front desk when I entered the lobby. I smiled and said hello and she glared back at me and went back into the back room without saying anything. Breakfast was nothing fancy. Just toast, fake orange juice, and coffee. Every once in a while she would peer out of the backroom to see what I was taking from the breakfast counter.

I couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank VeteranRoadWarrior
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one Night. It was late and had to stop for the night. Checked in and thought it was too expensive for a one night stay. Checked the room like I always do but was so tired that crashed on bed. Next morning looking closer I saw more evidence of. Stains around the outlets and on the walls. Pulled the covers and sure enough saw a. Bed bug. Told management and got reinbursed on the spot. Still had to double check everything to make sure nothing got on me or my car. Know the red flags. Always check the room before moving your things inside the room.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carlos G
WESLEY CHAPEL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Do not even consider staying here,the owner is a crook. I did not stay at this property (see other reviews for additional reasons) but the owner charged my credit card an outrageous amount and will not respond to any communication or drop the fradulent charges. after a week the corporate "customer service" can't be bothered to follow up. I personally will never stay at any Windham property ever again and stronglly recommend that everyone beware of their dishonest ways

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lloyd T
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Bed buggggggs ate myself and kids alvie!! Infested go to the fairway cheaper and cleaner!! Its been 4 days I'm still miserable from it kids got scabs all over! Disgusting! Alchohol, and Cortizone, Now we are using neosporin so we dont get scars!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jul5803
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

non smoking room smelling cigarettes, clipping of nails in the bathroom and on the floor of the room, crumbs on the floor ! we stayed unfortunatly 3 nights ! I think that the maids just ordered the bed and did clean anythings during these 3 days ! I've never walked barefoot on the floor.

Worst place ever !

Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#3 of 16 in Homestead
3.5 of 5 stars 516 reviews

Been to Knights Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!