“What You Get For About $45.00 in South Florida”

Knights Inn Florida City
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
La Place
“What You Get For About $45.00 in South Florida”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I liked the rate ($42.00/night), the convenient location, the good, strong coffee, the in-room microwave oven & fridge, the good air conditioner, the overall quiet of the place, and the mostly nice-looking exterior appearance. I did NOT like the shabby condition of the room or lobby. I probably would not stay here again or recommend it to others. But, for the price, a traveler might not mind it. Oh, the place was packed with people both nights, so obviously many people are fine with it.

RJT

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RJayT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Expensive for such a crap place!!!
Stayed here for 1 night in March as the Fairway Inn that we had stayed in before was full!! We could be bothered to keep looking so stayed here as we had been traveling all day!
On the plus side, the pool is ok, clean & useable. Met a nice guy who lived there & he was friendly!
The room was a dump. It stank like an old smokers room. Curtails falling down, smoke detectors taken down, badly in need of decoration, bathroom window didnt shut, tv out of the 80's! bathroom needed attention. Generally needed updating, cleaning & fumigating!!
Drinks machine took our money but didnt give us our drinks!!!
Slow service at reception, breakfast was coffee, toast & OJ. Not the best!!!
Oh & im not sure why there was a trailer tent in the car park that we saw two young lads in & a vacuum cleaner on the grass.
The whole hotel looked like there had been a massive party there the night before we arrived!!!
Wouldnt stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good, Stay somewhere else!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trudy W
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Bed Bugs is all you should need to hear. I have bites ALL over my body! Thankfully it was the last 2 nights of our trip so they are affecting me more now that I am home. There were also bugs in the bathroom. Very rundown and in need of repairs. For being one of the lowest priced hotels around, it was definitely too expensive for what we paid. The only plus was that the bed was comfortable minus the bugs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christina1212
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Spent 2 nights as a base for seeing Everglades & driving down to Key West. We used Roomsaver coupon & unfortunately the Comfort Inn and Travelodge were sold out for rooms with the coupon. So, we chose what seemed to be the lesser of 2 evils, as Super 8 seemed to be in a worse section of Krome Avenue. The women at the Front Desk were rude our entire stay, our room air conditioner was so loud, it sounded like an lawn mower engine the entire time. Room was old, had to ask disgruntled front desk person for a TV channel listing, which she said should have been laminated and placed inside the rooms, but weren't. When I asked in the afternoon if there was hot water (to use my own teabag, by the way), she instructed me to microwave water in a cup (although they only provided styrofoam that cannot be microwaved!). The motel surrounded by barb wire fences, had to drive a fair distance to the Publix food market, which was also in a bad neighborhood. The local tourist information office, right across from Reception, had cautioned that budget motels were hard to find down in the Keys, but we found several of them off the main drag that had vacancy signs out. Online later that night, I found a few that were under $100. I say go for spending the extra money to be on the Keys, as Homestead seemed even more scary and desolate, than Florida City.

1 Thank Erin S
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2012

It's worth the $20 or so extra dollars to stay elsewhere. We booked for one night on our way to Key West, not expecting anything lavish, just a place to lay our heads. What a DUMP!! The room smelled, there were cobwebs on the ceiling, there was a hole in the wall, the carpets were filthy and worst of all, BUGS all over the counter around the sink area which I didn't notice until the next morning AFTER my bag sat there all night. The air conditioning only worked for a few minutes at a time and it would cut off. As two women traveling alone, we did NOT feel safe at this location. Definitely the worst experience I have ever had while traveling. Knights Inn should be ashamed to have this place have it's name on the sign. I know it's a budget hotel but wow. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L H
Colorado
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel was run down and dirty. Mold on bathroom walls and ceilings, filthy floor. Smoke detector was broken. Torn carpet. I went to Walmart to buy a sleeping bag so I wouldn't have to touch the sheets and blanket. Continental breakfast? Muffins cut in pieces. Went out for breakfast. Couldn't wait till morning to get out of this place. I tried to submit more pictures, but had trouble doing so.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This really is not a good hotel.
Our room had a fridge and microwave BUT we couldn't use the mocrowave to heat water as when we turned it on the room lights flickered and the microwave made terrible sounds and burning smells. The lights in the room flickered most of the evening or just didn't turn on at all. The shower supplied really good hot water and then really good cold water and then back to really good hot water. Shame it couldn't deliver them at the same time to create a nice temperature. The heater/air conditioner had been utterly wrecked - someone had pulled the face off the control panel and it was unsafe to use. I did report it and was met with a smile and an affirmative yes they did know about it but just press the button it will work! Just not acceptable.

They also falsely advertise having internet. They don't and I am not the only one who had this problem. We heard the gentlemen next door ring up and ask for the password and assure them that he had entered it correctly, that he had tried numerous times, that he had turned his computer off and restarted it and still couldn't get on. (Yes I could hear the entire conversation which goes to show how bad the walls were) The staff assured him and I ( I rung too) that it was working just fine. I asked another patron the next morning and he too couldn't get on and he was angry! Staff just didn't care.

The cleanliness was very suspect with the bathroom being one of the worst we have seen and we were disappointed in the breakfast room and office in the morning too. It all needs a really good clean. This place isn't just tired (which it is) but it is also unclean. We are always looking for a bargain and thought this was it but we wouldn't recommend it to anyone - pay more and get a better room elsewhere.

1 Thank Willowray
Days Inn Florida City
#9 of 12 in Florida City
Best Western Gateway To The Keys
Home2 Suites by Hilton Florida City

Been to Knights Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!