WINNER WONDERLAND

“Used to be an excellent hotel with great bedding and...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Florida City

Ramada Florida City
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Florida City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

At check in at Ramada Inn, the desk clerk was not very welcoming but nice enough. Upon entering the room, the sour musty smell was over powering. I got out of the shower and walked across the carpet and my feet were black, gross!! I never walk on carpet in a hotel room but the room looked clean.

We went out for the night and left our vehicle under a lit parking lot in front of a surveillance camera. Walked out side that morning and noticed a window broken out. I’ve always heard not to leave valuables in your room and not to leave them in your vehicle, what to do? There was not a safe in the room. Well, wrong pick and several items were stolen. Called the front desk to let them know we were robbed and asked them to call the police. The manager, Mercedes told us to call them. Went to the front desk and talked to the manager about looking at the surveillance camera. She said she could not let us look at, that we had to let the police view the tape.

Police arrived to review the tape and the manager did not have a password but said she would call the owner. The owner showed up and said he never received a call. We were told by the manager the owner was reviewing the tape. We spoke to the owner and he said the did not have the password. The manager denied she told us that. The end result is mysteriously, no one had a password but they would contact us when the tape was available. We knew there would never be anything come of this.

After talking to a couple other employees, they said nothing like this has never happened. We talked to the police department and was told this is an on going problem with this hotel and every time the police want to review the surveillance video, the same result, “They don’t have the password”. When talking to the owner and manager, we were told they never needed the password since this never happened before. We feel like we were lied to. Sure got the feeling like this was an inside job, like someone knew more about the thefts than led to believe.

We had problems entering our room. We talked to the manager, Mercedes. She basically snatched the key out of my hand and said lets go see and acting annoyed. She had the same problem and said guess she would have to have someone look at the lock.

We left the hotel and the next morning, realized we have left an expensive phone charger. Called the hotel around 7:30 AM and the same check-in clerk answered the phone. We asked if she could secure our phone charger. She was very nice and said no problem that when someone comes in, she will have them get it from the room. She confirmed that no one stayed in the room. Called around 9:30 and she still had no one dispatched to the room. Called again at 10:30 and she said she would send someone down. Thought this would be redeeming from the hotel. Received a call back and was told sorry, they did not find and charger and some one “did” rent the room. She was very cold and could care a less about anything. The maid comes in for b’fast and has plenty of down time so someone could have been dispatched to the room sooner.

So, don’t take the cheap way out and stay at Ramada Inn!!

So, don’t take the cheap way out and stay at Ramada Inn!!

Room Tip: Don't Choose One Here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nalini K, Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Angela and Richard Smith,

We sincerely apologize for what happened to you, Unfortunately you have become a victim in the incident that occur at our property, We do not have the best cameras even though soon we would be working in new ones and we would have high performance cameras to cover every corner of the property. We tried to cooperate with you because you couldn't get your car fixed that night, we took care of you for one night, and for the nights you needed, if you needed more than one and tried our best to help you out in many ways. Your review in TripAdvisor would harm us but we did our best within our control, and we believe our customer service was sufficient. These incidents can occur once in a while especially when valuable stuff are left in a car. We sincerely apologize.

Best Regards
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I always stay in Homestead/Florida City on our way to Key West. Unfortunately, we have had many bad hotel experiences in the past. The Ramada Florida City is the best hotel experience we have had and will definitely stay there again. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the hotel was conveniently located for us. All that, and the room was well priced.

The negatives - the bed was not the most comfortable. Also, the pool was closed with an "out of order" sign while we were there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Nalini K, General Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to see that you had a good stay with us and found good value in our hotel . We are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Florida City area. . We apologize for the pool being closed due to the process of updating the pool. Thank you again and we hope to see you again next time.
Syracuse,Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I didn't expect much for the price. But since we would be gone most of each day, I thought it would be okay. All I actually did expect was clean. It was outdated, had a 5' x 5' area of paint peeling off the wall. The fridge had peeling paint and major rust on it. There was stains and hair on the bed sheets. Hair on the toilet floor and shower. I asked for clean sheets but after finding out that may take awhile I decided to just take off the sheets shake them out to at least get rid of the hair and rough it out. However after deciding to do that, layer after layer it just got worse. I have never asked for a different room. but I did in this case.
After returning with my room key and as I got out of my vehicle 3 housekeepers where coming done the sidewalk and asked if I was the one in 127. I said I was and that there was just some hair on the sheets, trying to downplay it so as not to make them feel to bad. But instead of that being the end of it the one lady kept saying how she had checked it and nothing was wrong with it. I for whatever reason I apologized and just walked away. She was obviously angry and insulted and no matter what I said wouldn't matter.
Reflecting back I thought whatever happened to customer service and the customer is always right. I should not have been the one apologizing.
The new room wasn't great but the sheets seemed to be cleaner and the fridge wasn't rusty.
I have never wrote a review on anything but this warranted it. This hotel will most likely be charging hourly rates soon. Its that kind of place.Aslo the one thing I thought would be decent was out of service for who know what reason, SO don't expect one it seems to be a common happening.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#3 of 16 in Homestead
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!