“Great Location--ONLY ASSET”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
asheville
“Great Location--ONLY ASSET”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

This inn is in a great location. From there everything starts going downhill rapidly. I could not overlook some of items:
1.) The bathtub that would not drain because it was filled with hair. Housekeeping could not have cleaned it because the hair was in the tub also
2.) The toilet waterlevel valve was broken causing the toilet to run all night.
3.) MOLD in the bathroom, someone had tried to paint over it but it was showing through.
4.) Kids running up and down the corridores and some adults even louder than the kids.
5.) Excess stains still in the bed linens from very obvious physical activities
6.) The road noise was a joke and, yes I am aware that management can't control the trucks, motorcycles, and extremely loud vehicular noise coming from just outside the room area.
7.) Breakfast was acceptable but DO NOT eat the scrambled eggs. They are VILE'

Do yourself a favor and keep driving.

Room Tip: The best tip is to not stop here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We booked this locally and saved 50$. We came and asked for an early checkin but tgey didnt have anything until 3pm. It's a good price for the area but the hotel wasn't great.

The room stunk bad and they only had two double beds for us. There were a couple tiny bugs in the bathroom and some small hairs on the floor and walls.

The shower pressure was great and the flat screen tv was good. However, the desk was dusty and the fridge wasnt even plugged in when we got there.

The breakfast was better than most hotels, bacon and eggs, but there was no orange juice refills. The lobby was really hot, it was cooler outside.

The location was right next to an outlet mall, which was awesome. Overall an ok place to stay for just one night on the way to the keys

• Stayed March 2012
Cheshire, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

The room was clean with no bugs or mold and everything worked properly. We prefer this older motel style where we can park by the room and bring the dog. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. Not luxury, but a very nice big pool. I have no complaints. Also found a good Mexican restaurant (Rositas) near-by.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had a mixed feeling about this hotel. We wanted a location that was close to the Keys and the Everglades, and this was definitely very convenient. I don't feel we got the value we should have, given some of the elements that were missing - we were charged for a three star hotel but it really is just a two star hotel. Our first impression of the hotel was OK: front office nice and staff were friendly and helpful enough.
The room on first impression seemed fair, but we immediately noticed the pillows were missing so I contacted the front desk and they informed me that they would be brought to us. Later, we noticed that the only ice machine on the property was broken, with instructions to get it from the office. I went to the office for ice and inquired after the pillows, it took about an hour for them to come to us.
One plus was the breakfast. My husband and I enjoyed the selection of items available, both hot and cold. Sure, it's not fancy, but it was more than we expected.
Overall, this hotel is worth it if you can get a good deal. I'm not sure it's worth the $100/night we paid for it, though.

Room Tip: Our room faced outward to the parkinglot, very close to the Florida Turnpike, therefore traffic noi...
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husbanda and I stayed here after traveling from Key West. I thought this would be a great place after reading the reviews and I highly disappointed because I can usually count on the reviews from tripadvisor. Don't stay here. The first room they gave us had candy on the floor, the phone, hair all over the carpet and the sheets was wrinkled like someone had slept in the bed. My husband asked for another room and the main at the front desk was more than happy to assist us. The second room was for sure cleaner than the first but, I would never never stay here again. This is one of the worst Ramada Inn's I have ever stayed at.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

There is nothing good about this hotel except maybe it's close proximity to Everglades Natl. Park. The entire property is run down and in need of a major redo (or bull dozer). The room was disgusting; mold all over the bathroom, dead bugs in the light fixture, holy ragged towels, peeling paint and filthy carpet (my feet were black before I could get to my shoes). The ice machine was not working, there were no lounge chairs by the pool and every table umbrella was broken. I can't believe Ramada wants their name on this franchise run hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
Issaquah, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Adequate room and facility. Clean. Better priced than most in this part of Florida. No elevator. Cramped breakfast area for the number of people & less breakfast selection than I would have liked.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#4 of 14 in Homestead

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!