“Excellent Place to Stop after a Day of Traveling on Route 41 in "The Florida EverGlades"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Florida City

Ramada Florida City
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Dallas Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

It has been several years since I last stayed @ a Ramada. Best attribute is the Location as it is located just before traveling on the Florida Turnpike or stopping after a long Day on Florida State Rd. 41 across the EverGlades. Awesome Drive traveling from West to East. Internet was only available outside my room sitting @ the Pool. I made a c/o but no results helped my problem. Room Decor is Dated with a Funky Shower Head. Breakfast Room was fine for me but I could see there might be a problem if a large group was present. Shopping Center next Door with a close by Restaurant.

Room Tip: If you are a light Sleeper ask for a Room opposite the main Road.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
miguel43, General Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. You are correct in that we are conveniently located to many attractions. We hope that next time you are in the area you stay with us again.

Miguel Waldo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Czech first
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

SEVerice was ok,.stayed there Feb.3&4.
Breakest[hot] good but to small and area to enjoy.
WiFi was no good in our room and i heard many people complaining to the front desk about the same thing [8-10].
There brouchure states 'complimentary wireless internet throughout hotel' not true.
The nite desk person [male] said he was not interested in the problem, there was nothing he good do.
He seemed to be more interested in playing a computer game and watching TV.
It would be my hope that this matter is brought to the attention of MIguel Waido MGR.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mortons_12
miguel43, General Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that the wireless was down during your stay. On Monday, February 6th I called our wireless provider and they were able to restore the connection, it is not something that can be done on property.

Again thank you for staying with us.

Sincerley,
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I spent the night of Dec. 3rd here before jumping off for three days in Key West.

We had a great king room on the first floor right next to the pool.

The room was clean, quiet, and very satisfactory. The breakfast included waffles and a good selection of other items. There is also a Starbucks across the street.

The staff was pleasant to deal with and the price for the room was fair. I have stayed elsewhere in Florida City before and I will make this my motel of choice next year.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars
miguel43, General Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your stay. Your comments and suggestions help us improve the servive we provide. I am happy out front desk was able to assist you in finding a restaurant.
Next time you are down this way we ope you will stay with us again.

Ramada Fl City
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We arrived early and the desk clerk was very helpful, sending us to a pet friendly restaurant so we could get lunch and get the dogs out as well. She sent us to The White Lion Cafe it was a great choice friendly staff and good food.
The hotel served a great continental breakfast!!! We really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kris1958
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us . I am glad you had a wonderful stay and were able to go to a restaurant that also served your dogs. You are absolutely correct the breakfast here is very good.
We hope to see you again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed like many others enroute from the FL Keys. Well situated near an outlet mall if you like to shop. This is an Old Ramada built in the 1990s. Sweetest check- in clerk ever. I agree that the back rooms have less road noise as this hotel is at a busy intersection. Flat screen TV was a nice touch. A basic hotel good for a one night stay. We did not have any kids with us so that made it easier than some of the other reviews I read when people had kids with them. Included breakfast was hot and OK. Wireless internet worked on first attempt and for that I was grateful.

Room Tip: get one around back to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SCRAPPYJupiter
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We were going to visit Miami beach for the 1st time on the Christmas eve.So there was a little bit confusion about the hotels. But the Ramada Inn Florida City is the best place to stay between Miami beach and Key west. From here key west takes only 3 hrs. lots of places you can visit from here like Alligator firm..

The hotel room is clean and service is good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We are staying here on our way to Key West. Can't complain, we we will be in the keys soon, but still. You must know.

I won this place through priceline. I was happy because they accept pets. There is a pet fee for $25. With my pet fee, I spent over $100 even getting it by bidding through priceline. I have always bid through priceline, and this is the worse hotel I have stayed.

I try to be open minded, but since you must know, we went across the street to Walgreens to get a candle. It smelled of must - STRONG. My husband also turned on the heater. It smelled of extremely strong B.O.

I was concerned about bed bugs. I looked on the sheets they looked ok. However, pillow cases had some stains on them.

I am apprehensive about staying here tonight. I would rather stay at the Starbucks across the street, but this is just a quick stay until we get to paradise. I will survive.

Room Tip: If you have a room in the back you will not be facing the traffic area of the main street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#3 of 17 in Homestead
3.5 of 5 stars 517 reviews

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!