“double charges”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
St. Petersburg, Russia
“double charges”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I would like to share my positive experience about double charges fighting with this hotel. We were double charged from this hotel (see please review from my husband nikbaturin below). Moreover, through the trip adviser reviews we found that this this often practice of the hotel, we found at least three similar complaints. We contacted the hotel administration and got promise to investigate the situation and return the wrongful charge. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM; this is just wasting of time. They asked us wait for manager returning from important trip, evidence of double charges, credit card information … At the end we had fake confirmation of money return, and not a penny of real return.
Our advice:
We made this reservation with the help of Orbitz. We complained to Orbitz through Better Business Bureau and it worked immediately. After receiving evidences of double charges, Orbitz immediately returned wrongful charge with proper regrets.
On trip adviser we found a lot of complains about sanitation and dirt of this hotel. Of course, information on trip adviser is very helpful, but does not work directly and fast. The fastest way to make this hotel acceptable is to complain directly to Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants licenses. www.MyFloridaLicense.com It is its responsibility to make management run this hotel not as a chip dirty barrack, but as a normal low-cost hotel. And it looks like that the hotel already had some problem with this Division and afraid a lot any repeats.

4 Thank Julia L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
San Pablo, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I staid in this hotel for several days around New Year 2014. We picked up this one, because others were too expensive for us at this extremely high time. Unfortunately we spent more money, than we expected. We were charged twice for the same stay. Orbitz charged us at booking time, and hotel charged us separately.
We found this later. Communicated with Orbitz and hotel management. Management promised to investigate situation and return wrongful charge. Unfortunately it was wasting of time. They did not keep their own promises, and later just stopped responding.
Be aware of unappropriated business of this hotel.

2 Thank nikbaturin

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I paid for two nights and did not stay the second night. I would rather forgo the second prepaid night than stay another night in that unsafe, dirty motel. I am not kidding when the manager said, "I put you in room 102 where I can keep an eye on you." After that he handed me my labeled remote control with the appropriate room number taped upon the back. This place was so dirty that I would not remove my sandals due to the deep stains in the carpet. The doors to the bathroom were full of handprints, and the wall of the bathroom had been repaired and drywalled but had not been repainted. Throughout the night, I could hear homeless, pushing their shopping carts outside my door. Bottom line- unsafe, unsanitary and cheap!! Pay a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. I am used staying at budget hotels/motels, but this motel tops my list of terrible places to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank james O
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Definitely for the budget conscious.
Rooms show their age but overall we were satisfied with our stay.
The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and personable.

Nothing special, but for one night it fit the bill. My partner and I agreed we would stay again

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Average in every way.
Clean, absolutely no bugs.
Comfortable bed.
Family owned.
I paid $50.84 (including taxes).
-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we entered the room it was incredibly hot in there and the smell was terrible! The bathroom was really nasty! We tried not to touch anything because it was really nasty... It is very cheap so we didn't expect much luxury, but for me the only thing important is higiene! And in this hotel it was difficult to find that... the bed was awfull aswell, we didn't sleep well! I think in this case it's better to spend a little more money and stay at a cleaner place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SasvdMeer
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

So many bad things about this place where do I start.

1. I was double charged. The first night I paid for the whole four night stay with my credit card. The next day they charged my credit card again for the whole stay. I immediately went to the office and they said "sorry, our mistake," however, after two weeks and many phone calls I had to ask my credit card company to challenge the charge. The manager would not take phone calls and did not return phone calls. The staff kept saying it was their mistake but that the manager would not reverse the charges. He is a crook. I am very polite so he was just avoiding me. You have to wonder how many people get ripped off with this scam.

2. This is a very bad part of town. A prostitute approached my 15 year old son outside our room the first night and ran away when I confronted her.

3. The maintenance man left our door open after he removed some of the broken furniture in our room. Our door was wide open when we came back from our day trip. The staff said "sorry, but we are not responsible."

I really wanted to like this place because it is cheap and we just wanted a place to crash while we went to Key Largo to scuba dive each day, however, I recommend you stay away from this place. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends