“Good clean rooms for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Host Inn

Budget Host Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
“Good clean rooms for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

When I stayed I read all the reviews and thought it was a mistake but it was a very pleasant stay clean rooms clean property and quiet worth the money

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Np9999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

There were clean sheets and towels, and the air conditioner worked. The room had a microwave (which we didn't use) and a mini fridge, but that's the extent of the amenities. The mattress and pillows were lumpy, the fixtures rusted, the bathroom window was broken and when we checked in, the clerk tried to upcharge for a non-smoking room. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank gracetraveler5

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Lehigh Acres, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I brought our 6 month old son so that my husband could spread his fathers ashes in the keys, well as you can imagine it was very last minute and nothing else was available so we had no other choice unless we wanted to make a roundtrip 10 hour drive.... we got there after 10pm an still were charged full price, then we get into the room an it smelled like stinky feet, there was trim coming off the wall, the bathroom smelled like mildew, the shower did not work and the owner had to have someone come fix it but I had to go so I had to go take a shower in another room on the other end of motel with a baby at that. The people that were there did not make it feel very inviting had I seen this place in the daytime I would of kept on driving.... not to mention I even had a coupon that the guy would not honor at all, the guy I assume the owner had no clue what to do he was very sneaky an did not seem very honest. If there was another option even a camp ground we would of done that. I should of known when I checked in an I was also handed the tv romote to say never mind, but the guy has all kinds of rules about staying there printed up.... NO REFUNDS & NO VISITORS were the main ones that got me. I would never ever suggest this hotel to anyone unless they were with the health department! This place needs to be shut down!!!! The free breakfast is crappy OJ an stale muffins.... stay with EXTREME caution!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank aidensmom81
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Me and my mother were traveling from the keys and booked this hotel because it was cheap and we just needed a place to lay our head because we would be getting back late and were going to head to Hollywood the next day. After we booked I read the reviews on here and became terrified about what we got into because everyone is talking about how horrible it is.
My mother has owned condos with Fairfeild (now windum) and other companies and we have stayed in many 4-5 star hotels,on the other hand when we are just traveling from a-b we like to just get something clean and cheap to sleep in. We are not always pleased,but when u go cheap u never know what to expect.
I was actually very pleased with this place! For less than $50 a night I feel we did a good job. I don't know if the rooms have been improved since the last stay, but there seems to be updated furniture and bed coverings. As well as a nice clean microwave and fridge. The TV is a little outdated but that's ok. The carpet looks just like what u would expect in a holiday inn or something, I wasn't afraid to walk barefoot. The room was pretty clean, and that is the first thing I look for when I come into a hotel. No bugs. The bathroom fixtures do seem to need updating,but nothing that I'm afraid to touch for fear of uncleanness. My mother is a NASCAR fan, and since homestead odd just right by she is thinking of returning again during the race. It's no grand hotel, but it is clean and it has the bare essentials! Definitely worth the price! Don't be scared, it is clean and the owner really didn't seem rude. We knew we would be coming late (around 1230am) and he had no problem with waiting up for us,he even told us when we called before hand to call him if we had any problems.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dani072607
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

The room smelled mildewy and looked dirty. The sheets were dingy and looked as if they hadn't been washed. The bathroom was tiny and all the fixtures rusted. It was hard to sleep here because I didn't want to touch anything or walk on the floor without shoes on.

The vending machines were both out of water and the continental breakfast consisted of a loaf of sliced bread next to a toaster. We came here because it came out to $50, but it was so dirty I wished I could have spent $10-20 for peace of mind. After I saw the room, I would have left if we could have, but there's a sign at the front clearly saying "no refunds." I wonder why.

There are a handful of motels within close proximity-- go to any of those instead of this one!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank travelfan_gk
York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

I booked this place using the budet host website and gave my credit card details as a guarantee. I printed the reservation out and had a confirmation number. When we arrived the owner could find no record of my booking, but said it was no problem as he had a room. I paid for the room using my credit card.
When I returned home, I checked my credit card statement to be found I had been charged twice. The second charge was because no record of the booking could be found so I was considered a no-show despite the fact that I had turned up and paid.
I contacted budget host via their email address including a scan of my card receipt that shows that I paid when we arrived and got no response. So I called their phone number. (I was trying to avoid the expense of an international phone call). The lady I spoke to was very nice and said it would be sorted.
Several days later, no refund so I called again and she said that she would chase it up with the owner. A few more days past, and I contacted Budget Host again and she said that the owner had some trouble locating the source of the second charge but has now refunded my account.
However, after a week of checking my account online, no refund appeared. I was then told by the lady at Budget Host, that the owner said he had issued the refund and to contact my credit card company to find out if they could trace it. She said if I couldn't trace it, they I should dispute the charge. This comment leads me to believe that she knows full well, that the owner hasn't refunded me at all and they can get away with it because I can claim it back from my credit card company.
I did receive the money back from my credit card, but I wonder how many other people have had this happen to and the owner gets away with it because the credit card companies will pay up.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank nikkiwire
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

Stay at this hotel if you like having a horrible time.
The old East Indian man who runs the place is the cheapest person I have ever seen. He is also a liar and completely unprofessional.

When I got to the hotel in April of 2010, I went there because I saw online on travelocity that his price was only $35 a night plus tax. Big mistake.

I first asked to look at a hotel room. It was no more than a minute before he came to check on me. He asked if I used the bathroom and I said no. He still went to check the bathroom if it was used.

After this, I showed him the price on travelocity saying his rooms were $35 a night plus tax and he said I can't book online and that price isn't right, He wanted to charge $45 a night plus tax when the booking online clearly said $35 a night. He started walking away from me while I was still trying to talk to him about pricing. He then shut the lights off on me. I ended up booking online on travelocity and DID get the price for $35 a night...but keep reading...

The next day I went to get breakfast which it stated that it was included in the price. He told me I was not allowed to have a muffin because my girlfriend already had breakfast. All he had for breakfast were muffins and coffee. It wasn't even a full muffin, he was so cheap that he cuts his muffins into 4 pieces.

I gave the guy the finger as we drove away for not allowing me to eat breakfast and being so rude the whole time to me and he came running out of the lobby screaming HEY [--] you, [--] you. Then I checked my visa statement later and noticed I was charged $45 a night when I clearly have proof on a statement from travelocity of the FULL price being $35. I am sure that I can legally do something about the fact that he has overcharged me.

The morale of the story, don't go here. It's dirty and he cuts a lot of corners. The bathroom was nasty, we found a cockroach in the corner of the bathroom and the sheets weren't clean. My girlfriend didn't want to touch anything in the room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
#9 of 12 in Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#3 of 14 in Homestead

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!