“Good for an inexpensive alternative.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairway Inn Florida City

Fairway Inn Florida City
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Homestead, Florida
“Good for an inexpensive alternative.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

For a budget hotel this is a good choice. Rooms are clean. Linens are decent. Bathroom is decent. Convenient to the Everglades or Keys. Pool is small but better than nothing. Bed was too firm for my taste but others might not mind it. For the money if you're just looking for a quick stopover without frills this is a good bet.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are going to have less road noise.
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our clean rooms, great prices, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

Yes, our claim to fame is our friendly staff, convenient location and overall great value. By value we mean for $59 you get a standard room (in the offseason) with FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast with hot waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, warm oatmeal, yogurt, donuts, and hot chocolate, FREE front of room parking, FREE 24-hour coffee/tea in the hotel lobby, FREE use of business center with computer and printer, FREE microwave and refrigerator in each room, and FREE great customer service!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

-Shaun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one week and it was a very nice experience. The wifi was fast. The breakfast was very good. I had eggs and waffles every day along with fresh juice and very good coffee. The staff that I had any dealings with were excellent. That's from Angel with housekeeping to Katherine and Robert at the front desk. When I first arrived there was a problem with the wifi (due to some storms) the general manager addressed it quickly and I was up and running with no further issues. I also stayed in one of the upgraded rooms. The beds are amazing. Good shower and over all a very nice room. If I had to knit-pick the room needed some pictures on the wall. I believe it is still a work in progress. I will be using this motel for all my future stays in the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for the highest possible 5/5 rating. We appreciate the mention of our friendly staff, complimentary hot breakfast, fast WiFi, and comfortable beds.

I will forward your kind comments to Angel from our housekeeping staff and Robert and Katherine from our front desk staff. The 3 of them are valued members of our team and we are lucky to have them.

Yes, we are always a work in progress and I am happy you enjoyed one of our recently renovated premium rooms.

Guest can now book one of these recently renovated premium rooms for a slight premium (usually $10 more per night) by visiting our website, emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com, or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, and upgraded bedding/linen. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

It looks like a cheap motel, but is actually a very nice hotel at a very reasonable price, and the next time we are in the area, we will stay there again!

The positives:

May restaurents/eating opportunities nearby
15 minute drive to the entrance to the Everglades
30 minute drive to Pennecamp State Reef Park
Good WIFI connection
Visitor center/tourist information on location
Nice pool
Free coffee 24/7
Computer with internet and printer free to use in lobby
We were meet by the receptionist Jay, a young woman, who was very nice

The negatives:

The breakfast area i Very small and becomes very crowded
The free coffee is very week
Printer did not work when we where there

Room Tip: It looks like a cheap motel, but is actually a very nice hotel at a very reasonable price, and the n...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as well as the 4 star (green circle) rating.

I'm glad you mentioned our friendly staff, free & fast WiFi, beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, and convenient location near the Florida Keys, Everglades National Park, and John Pennekamp State Park.

I will forward your kind comments to Jay who I am sure will be happy to read them. We are so lucky to have Jay as a member of our front office staff!

Lastly, sorry about the broken printer in the office and breakfast crowd. We are working on expanding the breakfast area. The printer has been fixed (new ink cartridge was needed).

I hope to see you soon!

Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

we stayed for the weekend for a planned trip to key Largo, staff was very pleasant. very fast check in.
The room was very clean, however, one side of the king size bed was worn badly.
A/C was loud, but it worked. location was very convenient to all restaurants as well as some good shopping. outlet mall was nice. The discount for the restaurants was nice. Breakfast was good, nice to have eggs good, the variety was very good, Nice to make your own Belgian waffles, however the room was way to small to accommodate all the guest at any given morning.
overall, we would recommend this Inn. we would come back.

Room Tip: Based on the layout do not get a room back against the interstate.
1 Thank MACE1364
Wow, thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for the highest possible 5/5 rating. I appreciate the recognition of our friendly staff, clean rooms, complimentary hot breakfast, and convenient location near the Florida Keys.

We love our repeat customers and that's why we try to reward them the best way we know how...discounts! Next time you are in town, email me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or call the hotel at 1-888-340-4734 and we will make sure you get our repeat customer discount.

We hope to see you soon!

Hayward, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and had a few problems with housekeeping and noise from other guests. Katherine at the front desk was excellent and very concerned. I emailed the owner about the issues when we arrived home and he responded promptly. It sounds like he sincerely wants people's stay to be favorable and will resolve the problems so others don't face a similar experience.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. The feedback is greatly appreciated. I read and respond to each TripAdvisor review because as a hotel owner I find these reviews the best source of information on how we are doing with regards to guest satisfaction.

With that in mind, I'm sorry about the issues you experienced with housekeeping and noise. I have already spoken with the housekeeping staff about your review and your email. We will fix the problem. I have also told our nighttime security to do a better job of enforcing our quiet hours after 10 PM.

Thanks for mentioning our friendly staff in your review. I will forward your kind comments to Katherine who I am sure will be happy to read them.

I hope you will stay with us again. Next time you are in town, please email me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com and I will personally make sure you have the best stay possible.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Fairway Inn was a great place to stay for us to visit Miami and the Keys and stay on a responsible budget. The room was clean, the AC worked, beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly. My only complaint.....was the shower curtain. The curtain rod was installed too far into the tub and you couldn't shower without having the curtain stick to you and have water all over the floor. Other than that, we always had hot water and water pressure was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our clean rooms, friendly staff, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

I have taken note of your comments on the shower curtain rod and am happy to report that we have already started replacing the rods in our bathrooms with a curved rod which adds an additional 9 inches of space. We will be finished with the first 20 rooms in the next week. Eventually, all of the rods will be replaced, first in the premium rooms and then the standard rooms.

I hope to see you again.

Remember, for hassle free reservations and the best available rates in town, book directly through us by calling 1-888-340-4734, visiting our website, or emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at the Fairway inn also. It was a great stay at a reasonable rate. We were their for a trip down to the keys. The staff was very friendly and pleasant. The location was ideal and the restaurant discounts were a plus. The only minor thing I would say is the AC did not run continuously.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow, what a great review! Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for giving our hotel the highest possible 5/5 rating. I'm glad you mentioned our friendly staff, convenient location, and great prices.

We are focused on providing the best possible value to our guest and by value we mean for $59 you get a standard room (in the offseason) with FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast with hot waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, warm oatmeal, yogurt, donuts, and hot chocolate, FREE front of room parking, FREE 24-hour coffee/tea in the hotel lobby, FREE use of business center with computer and printer, FREE microwave and refrigerator in each room, and FREE great customer service!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
#4 of 14 in Homestead
Ramada Florida City
Ramada Florida City
#9 of 12 in Florida City

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!