“Very clean, well maintained and nice stuff!”

Fairway Inn Florida City
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Gardena, United States
“Very clean, well maintained and nice stuff!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The building was old but it was very clean and well maintained.
Also stuff was very helpful and nice.
The lady at the front desk, Katherine, had nice smile and happy vibe.
They have reasonable rate and free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hirotake N
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thanks reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and for highlighting or clean rooms, friendly staff, low rates, and free breakfast.

I will mention your great comments to Katherine when I next see her and I'm sure they will put a smile on her face. Katherine, like Jay who was mentioned below, shows genuine enthusiasm for her job! We are lucky to have her as a part of our front desk team.

Remember, for hassle free reservations and the best available rates in town, book directly through us by calling 1-888-340-4734, visiting our website, or emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com. Also, feel free to ask for the repeat customer discount next time you are in Florida City. We would love to see you again!

-Shaun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
June 16
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great room very clean. Jay was at the front desk she was awesome! We liked her very helpful and friendly. Need TV in lobby I like news with my coffee. Overall good place to stay!!!!!
Close to gateway to keys. Change out toilets and bathtubs but very clean!

1 Thank Tgood45
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and the recognition of our clean rooms, friendly staff, and convenient location at the gateway to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

I've already mentioned your comments to Jay and she was very happy to hear about them. Jay has tremendous enthusiasm for her job and it shows. The guest love her and we are lucky to have her as a member of our staff.

Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Florida City is our halfway point to the Keys. Decided to get a head start on the weekend and stop over to break up the drive. Jay at check in was awesome and friendly, made us feel very welcome and gave good dining tips. Room was decent, clean, very affordable, perfect location right off US 1, lots of restaurants within walking distance. Sounds like the upgraded rooms are even nicer and if you really want extra amenities worth the cost. For us this was a perfect budget choice. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our friendly staff, clean rooms, great rates, and convenient location in Florida City near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

I've forwarded your kind comments to Jay who I'm sure will be happy to read them. She is a valued member of our staff and I appreciate your recognition of her.

Thanks also for mentioning our premium rooms. I would like to take this opportunity to remind guest that they can now book a renovated room for a slight premium (usually $10 more per night) by visiting our website (link at the top left of this TripAdvisor page) or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, and upgraded bedding/linen. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed here for two nights after returning from the keys. I stayed in a newly renovated room with hardwood floors. The staff was very friendly; they even loaned me some electrical tape and scissors so I could do a temporary repair on my car. There are multiple restaurants within walking distance, as well as a gas station and a Walgreens. Very convenient location! In addition, there is a visitors center across the parking lot from the office. The room was very nice, clean, and came with everything a traveler would expect, and also had a mini fridge (which I consider a nice value add). The outside doesn't look fancy at all......but the rooms (at least the newly renovated ones) are very nice! They have a nice breakfast area with a waffle maker, coffee, etc. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Wow, thanks for the great feedback and for giving us the highest possible 5 star (green circle) rating. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our friendly staff, clean rooms, complimentary breakfast, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

I'm glad you enjoyed one of our recently renovated premium rooms and I would like to remind potential guest that they can now book this premium room type (usually $10 more per night) by visiting our website (link at the top left of this TripAdvisor page) or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, and upgraded bedding/linen. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

ocala, fl.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Booked one night enroute to the Florida Keys. I was greeted warmly by the front desk clerk, Katherine, who was very personable and helpful. The overall appearance of the motel is clean and well maintained, with updated rooms, lobby, and breakfast area. My room was very clean and appeared recently updated. Beds were very comfortable, linens felt new. Pool area was clean, the waterfall is a nice feature. Parking lot well lit, never felt worried about leaving my truck in the lot overnight. Breakfast was great. Any employee I happened to run across offered a greeting. Has a nice family-run feel to it. Fantastic little motel for a very reasonable rate. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for giving us the highest possible 5 star (green circle) rating. We appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

I hope you are able to stay with us again.

Laax, Switzerland
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The rooms are OK and clean, but the quality is not as high as nearby hotels for the same price. The towels are thinner, no coffee machine in the room, old unstable chairs, etc. The breakfast area is too small for so many rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and understand that it is important for travelers to read about a diversity of experiences, both positive and negative.

While I was disappointed to read the title of your review, as I believe we work really hard to offer one of the values in town, I do appreciate that you gave us a 4 star rating for our room cleanliness, customer service, and location. I do believe we have one of the friendliest and knowledgable staffs of any hotel in the area as well as some of the cleanest rooms. Also our location in Florida City - Homestead, right off of Turnpike Exit 1A on the right past the light, can't be beat in its proximity to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

As for your comment on our value, we really focus on providing our guest with the best value in town. For $59 in the offseason for a standard room, a guest gets FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast with hot waffles, fresh fruit, warm oatmeal, yogurt, and hot chocolate (and soon to include eggs, donuts, and cinnamon french toast), FREE front of room parking, FREE 24-hour coffee/tea in the hotel lobby, FREE use of business center with computer and printer, FREE microwave and refrigerator in each room, and FREE great customer service!

For $10 more, a guest can upgrade to one of our premium rooms which were recently renovated and offer faux wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, and upgraded bedding/linen.

We are always working to improve our guest experience and hope that you will stay with us again and experience our improvements/changes first hand.

I am always available to discuss your comments further either by email at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or my phone at 1-888-340-4734.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Love the cleanliness of the room. Shaun found my expensive sunglasses and called me to let me know. Staff (Gurley) and other staff was very nice. Great location and excellent price. Thank you Fairway Inn staff for making my stay quiet and relaxing:).

• Stayed June 2014
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our clean rooms, friendly staff, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

I have already forwarded your kind comments to Gurley from our housekeeping staff and I also want to thank you for mentioning me. It is a team effort at Fairway Inn and I really do believe we have one of the most customer centric teams in town.

Next time you are in Florida City and need a hotel room, please email me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or call the hotel at 1-888-340-4734 and I will make sure you get our repeat customer discount.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#4 of 14 in Homestead
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!