“An excellent value for money!”

Fairway Inn Florida City
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is very nice, especially given its unbeatable price: staff is available, rooms are clean and quite confortable, location is practical to go to the Everglades, facilities (pool...) are good. This is not the charmful bed&breakfast that you are looking for for your honeymoon, but for a stop on your way for a night or two, it is perfect! I recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback!

Thanks also for mentioning our clean and comfortable rooms, beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, friendly staff, and convenient location near the Florida Keys, John Pennekamp State Park, and Everglades National Park.

We love our repeat customers and that's why we try to reward them the best way we know how...discounted rates. If you are ever in town again, please email me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or call the hotel at 1-888-340-4734 and I will make sure you get the best possible rate.

There are newer reviews for Fairway Inn Florida City

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked this motel without knowledge of it. It had a 3 star rating and was very inexpensive, so I thought it was worth a try. We just needed a place to sleep, on our way to the Keys. The Fairway Inn in looks exactly like it's pictures! It was very clean and the beds were nice. Perfect place to sleep and get back on the road. The Fairway exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the 5 green circle rating, the highest possible on this site.

Yes, we work very hard here at the Fairway Inn to make sure our guests get their "money's worth".

That includes offering FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast now with hot waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal and yogurt, FREE front of room parking, FREE 24-hour coffee/tea in the hotel lobby, FREE use of business center with computer and printer, FREE microwave and refrigerator in each room, and FREE great customer service!

I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and hope that you will stay with us again.

Remember, future guests can now receive 10% off through our TripAdvisor special offer by clicking on the link at the top left of this page. The best rate in town just got better.

Lastly, I would like to remind guests that they can now book a renovated room for a slight premium (usually $10-$20 more per night) by visiting our website (link at the top left of this TripAdvisor page) or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, and new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed in 3rd May while on way to Key west and loved it. Large size rooms, friendly staff and easy to find location . Clean rooms and good breakfast. Check in and check out was easy. Will definitely stay again and recommend to others

• Stayed: May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the 5 green circle rating, the highest possible on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you highlighted our clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, complimentary continental breakfast, and convenient location in Florida City - Homestead, near the Florida Keys, John Pennekamp State Park, and Everglades National Park.

We love our repeat customers and I was very happy to read that you will "stay again". Next time you are in town, please email me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or call the hotel at 1-888-340-4734 and I will make sure you get the best possible rate.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Guest service was excellent as usual. James was very helpful. He was professional , helpful, friendly, and very polite! A real class act. I will recommend Fairway to my family and all my friends. We had an awesome 2 days! Thanks guys see you again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the 5 green circle feedback, the highest possible on TripAdvisor.

I was extremely happy to read your comments on our great customer service. Yes, James is amazing at his job and is certainly a "class act". I have already forwarded your comments to him and I'm sure they will put a smile on his face.

I hope you were able to enjoy our clean rooms, complimentary breakfast, and beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall as much as you enjoyed our service!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Each time we have to be in the area we always stop at the Fairway Inn. We have gotten to know the staff and manager. Since there is an illness in our family they take extra steps to ensure they can do all they can to make our stay enjoyable. Clean rooms, decent breakfast in their indoor and outdoor seating. Pool kept clean. Most of all a special thanks to Saun, David and Catherine this visit for all the special attention they gave us and also give to each of their visitors. We will be back again. Also hotel is very convenient to restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us this valuable feedback even though you have so many more important things to deal with right now.

Thanks for mentioning our clean rooms, complimentary continental breakfast now with hot waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt and oatmeal, beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, our friendly staff, and convenient location in Florida City - Homestead. I have already forwarded your comments to David and Catherine who I am sure were pleased to read them.

We love our repeat customers. Although I know you are coming because of a family illness, I do hope that person gets better and you can visit for nice relaxing vacation. I know it can be tough dealing with a family member's illness. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visits to Florida City a little more comfortable.

Feel free to contact me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or call the hotel at 1-888-340-4734 the next time you need to stay and we will get you the best possible rate.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Adequate accommodations. Good breakfast. Clean rooms and area.

Check in staff were efficient but not friendly.
The decor is older but not falling apart.
There are places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback. I read and respond to each review personally because as a hotel owner, I find these reviews a good source of information on how to improve our guest experience.

I'm glad you mentioned our clean rooms, complimentary continental breakfast now with hot waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal, and convenient location in Florida City - Homestead.

I was disappointed to read your comments on our front office staff and I have already tried to address the issue. I looked up the person that checked you in in our computer system and have already spoken to him/her. We are all about providing the best customer service possible, whether this includes a welcoming smile with every guest interaction, or providing a map with information on local attractions, or providing guests with negotiated discounts to the best restaurants in town, or even setting up a reservation for you at our favorite restaurants.

I hope you will stay with us again and give us another shot at providing the best customer service possible.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights with a group of friends late March. The hotel is clean, quiet and safe. It is a great base for day trips to key west and the everglades. Some restaurants and shopping are near by (could walk to some but we chose to drive). Everyone in the hotel were very friendly. A tourist info center is right across the reception.

We chose to stay in the renovated rooms and were very happy with them as everything looks new, including a very comfortable bed.

In the first day we drove to Key Largo which is about 30 minutes from the hotel. In the second day we went to Key West which is 3 hours in each direction, and we are very happy we did it. In the day we left we went to the everglades main entrance which is about 20 minutes away (stop at "Robert Is Here" on the way for a great shake!).

The only thing I would improve was the breakfast. It was only basic, with not a lot of place to sit at the busy hours. It wasn't bad, just something I recommend to improve.

All four of us highly recommend Fairway Inn as a great affordable base for trips to the keys and the everglades.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the renovated rooms. I believe soon all rooms will be renovated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yaron_Naveh
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the thorough feedback and the 5 green bubble rating, the highest possible on TripAdvisor!

Thanks also for mentioning our clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, on-site Tropical Everglades Visitor Center, and convenient location near the Florida Keys, Everglades National Park, and John Pennekamp State Park.

I'm glad you enjoyed our recently renovated premium rooms. I would like to take this opportunity to remind guests that they can now book a renovated room for a slight premium (usually $10-$20 more per night) by visiting our website (link at the top left of this TripAdvisor page) or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, and new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

Lastly, TripAdviser fans can now get 10% off of their stay through our Special Offer on TripAdvisor. All you have to do is click on the link at the top left of this page and book a room through our own hotel website. The best available rate in town just got even better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#5 of 14 in Homestead
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!