“Very clean and convenient place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairway Inn Florida City

Fairway Inn Florida City
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Cergy, France
“Very clean and convenient place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This place is very closed to the everglades and the keys. It is very clean and the staff is friendly. The only bad point is the breakfast room but at the time we were in the hotel, they were doing some works to increase the capacity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DjouleandKari
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and the 4-star review!

I'm glad you mentioned our clean rooms, friendly staff, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

Yes, we are currently undergoing a full lobby and breakfast room renovation. This will expand the breakfast room capacity by about 3 times. The work should be complete in the next 2 weeks. We are excited!

Remember, for hassle free reservations and the best available rates in town, book directly through us by calling 1-888-340-4734 or emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com.

-Shaun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The reception was under renovation, but that didn't affect me much. The room was ok, not smelling so good, but acceptable. My main problem was with the door lockers. Almost every night I had to go to the office and ask for a reprogramming of the keys.

Big parking lot. Safe are and good location, close to the Premium Outlets.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank rodrigoijk
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the 4-star review!

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with the electronic locks. We use some of the best locks in the industry, provided by Onity. Unfortunately, one of the problems with magnetic key cards is that they need to be reprogrammed if they are placed near credit cards or cell phones. I'm sorry if the staff did not explain this to you after the 1st time you had to come in.

Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at the Fairway for 17 days from the beginning of Feb. 2014. The place is busy but the staff are friendly and efficient every day. The rooms are clean but clearly dated as mine looked as though someone lit a pack of cigarettes and distributed them across the carpeted floor. They told me the toilet wobbled the night I arrived, it was still wobbling when I left.
The hotel is in a very convenient location just 20 miles from key largo without the keys price. Walmart, Publix, Home Depot and lots more just north on the S. Dixie Hwy and the weather is always fine. I went down to tour the Florida keys one by one and go diving all of which I did with the greatest of ease from the Fairway Inn. The pool is nice, not heated, for those down days between campaigns. I think my rate was right about sixty bucks so for the price this was a good value and with the microwave and half fridge saved me even more not having to go out all the time just to eat. Beware the yelling night supervisors on golf carts, the words manic depression come to mind and as usual U will run across a few obnoxious neighbors at about every place I have frequented.

Room Tip: Just ask for a new room right away if you have a problem with your room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank James B
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We try to learn from every guest review.

I'm glad you mentioned our friendly staff, clean rooms, in room microwave and refrigerator, beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

We are currently renovating our property. The changes include new wood floors, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, new wall paint, new light fixtures, and new 32 inch Phillips flat screen LED TVs. 15 of the rooms are complete and already in service.

The hotel lobby and breakfast area are currently undergoing a complete renovation which should be complete in the next 2 weeks. We are also adding a brand new business center with 2 workstations and a printer to print boarding passes, etc.

I hope you are able to stay with us again and experience the changes first hand.

Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Based on my above responses, I would definently stay here again. James at the front desk is the best!!! He out going and funny yet professional. The rooms are clean and a good size. The entire grounds are quiet and well manicured.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Aaronsowens
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you mentioned our best in town customer serve and clean rooms. I have already forwarded your kind remarks to James and I am sure he will be happy to read them.

I look forward to your next stay with us!

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have visited the Fairway Inn for about 5 years now, on our visits form the UK. It is probably the nearest lodging to the Everglades NP, since the destruction of the Flamango Lodge in the Park. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are very helpful and friendly. They have recently upgraded their free internet service and I had no problems with reception at any time. There are a few small restaurants within walking distance - our favoutite is the Mutineer - just across the road, THe breakfast room gets very busy, but again they are planning an extension.
I would recommend for Seniors (us), familes and Business travellers.

Room Tip: We always ask for a downtstairs King in this two-storey construction
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keith W
Thanks for taking the time to leave a 5-star review, the highest possible on TripAdvisor. We really do love our repeat customers!

I'm glad you mentioned our clean rooms, friendly staff, upgraded free WiFi, and convenient location near the Everglades National Park.

We are currently renovating our rooms, hotel lobby, and breakfast area and I am sure future guests will really enjoy the improvements.

I look forward to your next stay!

Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We are Trinity VIP Travel and our groups love the Fairway Inn in Florida City!
The CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWESOME!
Rooms are clean and everything is in good working order. The grounds are well maintained and the owner and management are ALWAYS improving the property! Fast Wifi, comfy beds and nice pool area. Great selection of restaurants near by. Check out our friends at the Denny's!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TrinityVIPTravel
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdivsor...5-stars, the highest possible on TripAdvisor!

I'm glad you mentioned our best in town customer service, upgraded free WiFi, comfortable beds, and beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall.

We have negotiated discounts for our guests at local restaurants and I am glad your group was able to take advantage of the discount we have worked out with Denny's. All guests get a 20% discount at Denny's when they show their room key card.

I look forward to your next stay with us!

Muskegon, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

room was OK, not friendly house keepers they had bad attitudes poor service continental breakfast area under construction. Did'nt try to make it a good experience. I will not reserve a room at this motel again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank lmcobb1
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for providing me with valuable feedback. As you can expect, I was disappointed to read your review but I know we are constantly trying to improve and your review does provide some valuable feedback.

I am sorry to hear your experience with our housekeeping staff. It would helpful if you could email me more details at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com. I have already spoken with the head of housekeeping and told her about your complaint.

There is a lot of construction going on in the hotel lobby and this is too improve the guest experience. Here are a list of the improvements we are working on:

1. New wood floors in the hotel lobby
2. New business center with 2 work stations and a printer in the hotel lobby
3, Expanded breakfast area with triple the amount of seating we currently have
4. New wood cabinets and granite countertops
5. New ceiling tiles and lighting

I know that once the construction is complete, the guests will really enjoy the new lobby.

I do hope you will give us another chance. Please email me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#3 of 17 in Homestead
3.5 of 5 stars 521 reviews

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!