I made two separate reservations for June 13th and June 14th. The original reservation was made in January and
then I decided to add another day to my Florida trip so the June 14th reservation was made in May.
These were both prepaid on my Discover card.
When I checked in on the afternoon of the 13th, I requested that the front desk person check me in for
the two nights. She told me that they had just installed a new system and that she did not know how to
do that task. She then suggested that I contact the front desk on the 14th and they would take care of it.
I was not totally comfortable with that, but decided to play along.
The following morning, I went to the front desk and informed the clerk that I was in room 201, had a
separate reservation for the 14th and then asked her if she could check me in for the 14th. She too told
me that they just got a new system and that she didn't know how to do it and that if I wanted to have it
done, I needed to come back at 9:00 AM and speak to the manager. I then informed her that my wife
and I had the day planned in the everglades and that I would not be able to come back at 9:00 so I
needed for her to help me. She then told me, and I quote, 'That's not my problem'. Excuse me? It most
certainly WAS her problem. She then just simply walked away!
I then went back to my room and I was MAD. My wife and I packed up our belongings and loaded
them in the car. I then went into the office, slammed the room key on the counter and informed the
clerk the I was CHECKING OUT!
I have NEVER been treated so rudely by a customer service person in my life!
In subsequent email's with the manager, he apologized and promised a refund. He did not honor the refund and I was forced to pursue it through Discover card who credited my account.
I would NOT recommend the Fairway Inn to ANYONE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairway Inn is conveniently located at the gateway to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park, 5 miles from the Homestead-Miami Speedway, 25 miles from John Pennekamp State Park, 22 miles from Key Largo, and 30 miles from Downtown Miami. Free high speed wireless internet, complimentary breakfast, and free parking are included with each stay. All 160 rooms at Fairway Inn have individually controlled air-conditioning, cable television, microwave, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, laptop safe and toiletries. The hotel has a beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall and free business center with PC and printer. Our friendly staff, clean rooms, convenient location, and budget friendly prices should make Fairway Inn your lodging destination of choice in sunny South Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairway Inn Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairway Hotel Florida City
- Fairway Motel Florida City