Fairway Inn Florida City
Quality Inn Florida City(Florida City)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Best Western Gateway To The Keys(Florida City)(Great Value!)
$74
$68
$63
Travelocity
Travelocity
Coral Roc Motel(Florida City)
$50
  • Pool
Budget Host Inn(Florida City)
$53
$50
2,358 results
All reviewskey westburger kingroom was cleannice poolwafflesplace to stayvisitor centereverglades national parkgreat valuefree breakfastconvenient locationthe breakfast areaone night stayparking lotfairwaysjaymotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a great experience, I paid $110 for 3 nights over Memorial Day Weekend. Staff was great, room was clean, breakfast was ok, not what I eat but the kids liked it. I am writing a review because I was a lil worried before we booked it just cause of the bad reviews....but I did not have a bad experience at all! We are from Tampa/Atl and when we reserve a room that's cheap we know we are getting a ghetto dirty, bring your own sheets kinda place. We were just wanting to take our kids to the Keys for the first time and spend more money doing and enjoying rather than the actual "stay." We had room 114, right across from the pool, so the kids swam as we made plans and got ready for the day. They went and ate cereal/donuts courtesy of the hotel, lots of other families were there, many kids to play with. The hotel was very busy, but at night in our room we couldn't hear anything, I have recommended Fairway Inn to all our ppl who want a cheap clean trip to the Keys.......cheaper than camping and wayyy more comfortable, and much more cost effective than the 100-200$ rooms in the area. Will definitely stay again!!!

Room Tip: Visitor Center for the Keys and Everglades located in the same parking lot. Walking distance for 5 restaurants and Walmart only a few lights away.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Krisnic A
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am personally making an effort to review all feedback.

Thank you for mentioning our beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, complimentary continental breakfast, convenient location near the Florida Keys, and budget friendly prices.

I was particularly happy to hear that you would stay again with us. I look forward to that.

Feel free to contact myself or our General Manager Felix Camacho if we can do anything to make your next stay even better.

Shaun Patel

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is located right off the Florida turnpike and surrounded by various restaurants.

The lobby, breakfast area and reception desk is an all-in-one area separated by shelving which actually made the space look smaller and cramped. The check-in staff was attentive to my presence and acknowledged my presence right away. Although they were tending to other guests, I was told of the delay and was invited to wait for a few minutes before my turn would come. I appreciated that.

The room was a pleasant fragrance and well kept. I was really impressed so I had to take a few pics. I was also impressed that there was a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room. I was a little disappointed that the only thing complimentary was facial and body soap. I was expecting the shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower cap setup but...ok I lived through that let down. I did have to stop by the front desk for extra towels because the room was setup for two people. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. We had a wonderful night's rest so much so that we decided that if we were too worn out from our adventures in the Keys, we would return to the hotel for a second night.

Continental breakfast was served between 7-9:30am. We slept well as I mentioned before so we got to breakfast around 9:15. There was little to be had. Bread was all gone. Only apple juice remained. Pastry buns were all that was left to eat and your choice of 2 dry cereals, coffee and tea. Since my late arrival, I can't say what was or should have been but I think there should have been a little more left for us late snoozers to eat.

I must admit because of the breakfast situation, I gave the rating I did and did not return for a second night's stay. I knew I would be sleeping in for sure and breakfast would be gone. In the future, I most definitely would stay there again for more than one night just knowing that I can use my microwave and refrigerator to save food for the morning or wake early to get a better selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank forgiven19971
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights as an alternative to more expensive properties in the Keys. For the price in the area it was a decent value, but not someplace I'd choose to stay again. The room was clean, but smelled strongly of smoke.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ragoczy
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room is clean and big but they need a renovation on the staff.....The cleaning people and the front office have a very stink attitude. We checked in at 2:30 in the morning and at 11am the same morning they were banging on the door telling us we need to check out, I told them we paid for the day which means we were there only a few hours. Some rude old man comes and bang on the door and tells me he wants us out right now. I have not ever been treated so horribly bad at a hotel and this will definitely be my last visit to this location. THE STAFF IS EXTREMLY.....I MEAN EXTREMLY RUDE!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank mesha1972
TJTaylor50, Manager at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologize for your experience with our staff. I want you to know that because of experiences such as yours, I have removed the problem employees and have put everyone on customer service training.

Again I apologize for that staff member and hopefully we can make it up to you in the future.

Management

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This motel was clean and well priced. We were in Florida to go to a wedding in the Keys, so it was a great location for us. The rooms were reasonably clean (I wouldn't walk around barefoot) and the bathrooms were very clean. One complaint I had was that our neighbors were smoke marijuana and since the rooms have adjoining doors, it was coming into our room. When i called the front desk, he addressed it with our neighbors, but then they started threatening us through the door. It was our last night in the hotel, so we just toughed it out. We didn't feel particularly unsafe, but we did sleep with our door chain on and kept the curtains drawn the entire time we were there, even during the day.

Their wifi did not work. So, if you are counting on being able to do anything important online, plan to go to the starbucks that's close by to do it.

My major gripe was their "continental breakfast" Basically it was vending machine snacks toast, and weak coffee served in a very cramped area in their reception area. There was also milk and some cereal, but if you heard continental and dreamed of muffins and bagels, you'll be sorely disappointed.

We ventured into Homestead (neighboring city) for lunch a couple of times and we found really good, inexpensive food.

I don't know if I would stay there if I wasn't on a REALLY tight budget like we were, but if you are - this place is for you.

Room Tip: I would say rooms in the back of the complex on the top floor are quieter and safer.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family